Capped Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
As I have my new beer gun up and running now, shortly it will be time for me to fill all my xmas case bottles.

My question is, as I will be using vb/fosters/XXXX tallies (screw tops) will the gas leak from these or will it be find to bottle now and store until december?

My other option is to keep the brew within the keg and bottle just before the xmas swap but doing this I will be using 2 kegs which I really do not want to do.

Thanx :)

Sluggerdog,
If the bottles are capped properly they will not lose any gas. Just the same as when you bottle beer with priming sugar as opposed to kegging it.

How did you get on with the problem of needing 2 gas lines with your bottle filler? I have not had a chance to play with mine yet.

Cheers
:beer:
Mothballs

Mothballs said:
Sluggerdog,
If the bottles are capped properly they will not lose any gas. Just the same as when you bottle beer with priming sugar as opposed to kegging it.

How did you get on with the problem of needing 2 gas lines with your bottle filler? I have not had a chance to play with mine yet.

Cheers
:beer:
Mothballs
[post="84220"][/post]​

With the gun I decided to try the easy way and put an extra disconnect onto the end of the gas, hooked both the gas and the liquid to the keg and used the head space to fill the bottles. it works however I had to remove the gas and top up from the bottle a few times but still it was much easier then playnig around with my existing gas setup

Latest posts

Back