Can't shut off KegLand gas cylinder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning team, I don't think my kegland gas bottle is turning off, I have been down in Melbourne for six weeks and I think the gas has been on my beer the whole time. The bottle I used to use had a lot of thread on it but this one only seems to turn about 90 degrees, is that normal? I don't want to force it and break it.

Attachments

• 20210707_090447.jpg
    20210707_090447.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210707_090454.jpg
    20210707_090454.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 26
I'm assuming you've done the obvious and pulled the relief valve to check for pressure in the lines?

I'm assuming you've done the obvious and pulled the relief valve to check for pressure in the lines?
Yeah, have done that but the pressure doesn't seem to reduce. The only way I am able to turn off the gas is via the regulator which actually gives me no way to remove the regulator if the bottle still has gas in it. Plus it is just a pain in the arse.

Last edited:
one of my cylinders only turns about 45 degrees from off to on, it's one I have beer gas in. It does go off.

But if you've turned the valve off at the cylinder and disconnected the line from the beer and the Dials don't fall to zero when you vent the line then there's a problem.
If it was a swappa take it with the regulator on to the supplier and get them to sort it out.

Latest posts

Back