Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't seem to find the right part.

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by trq, 11/2/19.

1. trq

Posted 11/2/19
    Does anyone know what size thread this is? I'm not having any luck searching for a replacement.

IMG_1593.png

It's from an SSBrewtech carb stone attachment for my unitanks. The problem is, the thread on the other side of this thing is way too big for my Co2 hoses which I normally run an 8mm (ID) hose from.

So I am looking at replacing this piece, with something with the same size thread but a smaller barb (8mm).

The thread itself also seems to put pressure on the ball valve that it connect too, and without it, that ball valve seems to leek, so it might be some custom part that I need to contact SsBrewtech about.

Here is the entire accessory with an arrow pointing to the piece I would like to swap for a smaller barbed version.

1_5_TC_Carbstone_H_2000x.png

Anyone else have trouble connecting this to your Co2. What did you do? Anyone know what size thread it has?

2. n87

Same as it ever was

Posted 11/2/19
    At a guess, 1/8 or 1/4" NPT.

If you could get actual measurements of the thread, TPI, OD etc, we would be able to narrow it down pretty well

Robbo75 likes this.
  3. trq

Posted 11/2/19
    Actually, it looks like I can get a 6mm x 9.5mm hose onto the thread, and I'm pretty sure this hose is ok to use with my regulator too.

I swear I couldn't get this to connect on Friday, but a little perseverance and some boiling water later and it's on.

Just going to get some one way valved quick connects and I'll be in business I think.

IMG_1601.png

4. n87

Same as it ever was

Posted 11/2/19
    If you get stuck, come over sometime, I have some bits and pieces, but I also have some good measuring sticks

5. razz

Pro Pro

Posted 11/2/19
    The ball valve is 3/8" trq. These things are US, as you know, so look for 3/8' hose and/or fittings. Good to see you got some hose to fit.