• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Canning service

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budgiecougar

Reaction score
I have a canning machine and am able to can peoples brews for them.
I do this for my home brew and have an excess of 375ml Visy silver cans as I had to purchase a minimum of half a pallet.
If you’re interested send me a message and we can get in contact.
Located in Carrum Downs Victoria.
Cheers
Grant

Interesting. I reckon I could do a round trip, you're not too far away from me.

Do you purge the cans with CO2 first?

Your ad on gumtree came up on another brew forum.

As Empty says, does it purge well with CO2?
How does it manage carbonation?

I’ve been researching this issue and look like I will be investing shortly into the blixhmann filling gun with co2 purger, but at the moment I just fill from kegerator with long tube attached.

Please explain

Small scale canning lines allow too much O2 into the beer. The lower end professional canning lines let too much O2 into the beer.

The dimensions of a bottle make home brew scale CO2 purges practical. They also work better for conditioning in the bottle.

For cans you need to keep the d/o down below 50ppb.
I have ran a commercial can line for 20 years.
The only way to get the do down is to purge under pressure.

Last edited:
I'm going to agree with tugger and add that 50ppb is way too high for highly hoped beers.
That will oxidise like all buggery. to paraphrase goatchop41.
Mark

Sorry to break it to you mate, but the fact is that if you're not purging with CO2, then yes will oxidise like all buggery

I am purging with co2 and anecdotal evidence would suggest that there is no ill effects to my canned beer. I am very happy with the outcome and so are the people who have sampled it.
Anyway this is a home brew set up not a commercial enterprise so for what I am achieving I am very proud of myself.
Thank you all for your comments, if anyone local wishes to come and utilise my resources please feel free to get in contact.

I am purging with co2 and anecdotal evidence would suggest that there is no ill effects to my canned beer. I am very happy with the outcome and so are the people who have sampled it.
Anyway this is a home brew set up not a commercial enterprise so for what I am achieving I am very proud of myself.
Thank you all for your comments, if anyone local wishes to come and utilise my resources please feel free to get in contact.

Don't take it personally mate. No one is attacking you, just the process. It's fantastic that you and those who have used it have anecdotally enjoyed it, and to be honest, I'm a bit jealous - I would love to be able to can my own beer.
But that does not change the fact that there is likely a high ppb of O2 in there, and that would oxidise the beer.

I can say the Grant is a top guy and very helpful for someone starting in canning
He helped me tremendously
Thanks again Grant
My first batch of canning myself is in t crate waiting for me to enjoy on our 3 week trip into NSW

Back