Canned Peach Beer From Coles..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warb

Reaction score
After trolling the isles at Coles during the weekly shop, I grabbed a home brand larger, 4kg of canned peaches, a little tin of passion fruit extract... and with a little grin.... ready to try something....

Brewed up the larger and peaches..... And added about 500grams of white sugar out of the pantry (why not)... let that bubble away for a week or two..

Then put into a second fermenter for a few weeks with the passion fruit extract..

Now it sits in my largering fridge till I put it in a keg, I had a sip and tasted quite nice...

What should I expect?..

Paul Mercurio makes a peach ale. They sell it in Black Rock (Melb) across the road from where I work.

I don't know how your recipe will turn out, but I don't think peach is the best thing to add to a beer IMO.

Sounds interesting. I suppose the taste depends on what complex sugars are left behind after the yeasties go to work on the simpler fructose sugars.

Lately I've been thinking of doing a spicy beer, but not your usual chilli brew. I'm thinking either pepper or wasabi.

I was thinking the other day of a wasabi beer...
Not sure what it would be like... but would be interesting... they have wasabi ice cream over in Japan so there'd probably be amarket for it over there!!!

Might be the type of stuff that makes you want to keep sipping the beer to quench the heat in your mouth :)

Is there ANYTHING that can't be added to beer? I mean positively absolutely can't, not just maybe shouldn't be.

Did a quick Google on "wasabi beer", found this link which doesn't have a recipe or anything but is kinda interesting- some brew head living in Japan talking about Japanese HBers etc. www.bento.com

Backlane Brewery said:
Is there ANYTHING that can't be added to beer? I mean positively absolutely can't, not just maybe shouldn't be.
Coke?

:lol:

hoho deebee, very funny!
just wait til wiezguy gets onto the forum today, we've been cooking up something special- very special- in this vein, but have gone far beyond mere Coca-Cola!!! :D

Redbull??? V???
No, it's even worse than that, I'm afraid.

Tremble, mortals, as you rack your brains, and ...and wait for Weizguy to log back on because we agreed he would start the thread (hurry up mate I can't hold 'em off much longer!).

My apologies people (esp. Backlane).

Finally posted the thread last night. Was at work during the day without my resources. Got home and posted.

Insane Fizzy Cordial Beers are here.

Set your brewing preconceptions aside and indulge your imagination with these soft drink beers, including the new concept of bulk priming with soft drink. Hell, it's got sugar in it!

Feedback is appreciated.

Sethule

Back