Canberra Rhizome Availability

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thylacine

Reaction score
Colin, at his Kambah based homebrew shop (Canberra) will receive a total of 60 rhizomes from Eslasser, Tettnang and POR hop varieties tomorrow. These include 'crown' segments. ie. the entire rhizomes have been removed from the ground.

Colin, at his Kambah based homebrew shop (Canberra) will receive a total of 60 rhizomes from Eslasser, Tettnang and POR hop varieties tomorrow. These include 'crown' segments. ie. the entire rhizomes have been removed from the ground.

Has anyone had any experience growing elsasser hops? (particularly in Canberra) I've had a plant for years and it's produced very few flowers. Probably something I'm doing.

So just contact him about it on his shop site? they are for sale I am guessing

Wow seems a bit early to be digging up rhizomes. :eek:

What sort of looking after do hops normally need in the Canberra area?

What sort of looking after do hops normally need in the Canberra area?

Generous amounts of manure, regular watering especially in the first year and some sort of support structure. Its wise to plant several varieties because some don't perform as well as others.
In my opinion July or August is the best time to get rhizomes, just prior to the growing season. You'll find most people offering them on here in June and July.

Has anyone had any experience growing elsasser hops? (particularly in Canberra) I've had a plant for years and it's produced very few flowers. Probably something I'm doing.

My Tettnang is similar. :mellow:

Back