Canberra Micros

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crusher

Reaction score
Are there any good pub/breweries in Canberra. Never been there before, but have a night next month & would like to sample any good A.C.T. beer
Crusher.

G'Day Crusher. Was in Canberra about a year ago and went to an excellent micro called the Wig and Pen. Fantastic beer, great selection of beer and really comfortable place to drink... beer! Can't speak highly enough about it. Was in 'The City' somewhere. Should be easy enough to find as the CBD is pretty small. From memory we had to walk a block or two past a big plastic paddy Irish 'pub' (they don't really have fair dinkum pubs in Canberra, but don't let that put you off) to get there. Ask a cabby. They'll know.

Worth a look. One of the best of its kind I've been to anywhere,

Shawn.

Good call Gough,

Yes Crusher, you are doing allright at the Wig and Pen...

Cheers,

TL

Further to my last,

The Wig and Pen is located at Canberra House Arcade, Allinga Street, in the city.

To whet your appetite, here is their website that lists their brews.

Cheers,

TL

Their Belgian Ale is a definate must try! It's about 7.5% so best left until a little later.

I also can't recommend them enough. THe first time I went the service was pretty bad (the guy just didn't want to be there), but last time was great. There was a girl serving and she knew her beer backwards.

I want to try and get down there in Jan for an all day sit in and try each beer in turn.

Sounds like a top idea Wasabi. I wish I was as 'mobile' as you appear to be. Being a 'family man' these days, tied to having no money has tended to curtail my travel a little...

Shawn.

Back