Canadian Craft Beer Spectapular Can Now Be Revealed But Can You Name I

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oztapguy

Reaction score
At last, The Local Taphouse can announce what we think will be one of our best ever SpecTAPulars... but we want help naming it..

SpecTAPular IX will feature a stellar lineup from four of Canada's finest craft breweries for the first time ever on tap in Australia.

The festival will take place in both our Darlo and St Kilda venues on Saturday August 14th from midday until 1am. We will have only limited supplies of these beers so, as normal, get in early as a bell will ring throughout the venue when each keg is drained. There will also live entertainment and Canadian-themed cuisine.

But... we need a name though! If you can come with a witty name that beats The Mumbling Mountie SpecTAPular (our working title) and which immediately evokes Canada (like the Star Spangled SpecTAPular did for our US beerfest), we'll figure out some sort of prize for you. Think of words like mountie, maple etc. Post your comments on our blog by the end of the week - http://bit.ly/bak12O.

Here is the confirmed lineup:

Dieu du Ciel!
- Rose D'hibiscus (Hibiscus flavoured wheat)
- Corne du Diable (IPA)
- Peche Mortel (Coffee Imperial Stout)
- Blanche du Paradis (Wit)
- Charbonniere (Smoked Ale)
- Dernire volont (Dry hopped Belgian-style blond)
- Aphrodisiaque (Cocoa and Vanilla Stout)

Les Trois Mousquetaires
- Weizen Impriale
- Doppelbock
- Kellerbier

Le Trou du Diable
- Morsure (IPA)
- La Chose (India Wee-heavy)
- Impratrice (Imperial Stout)
- Buteuse (Belgian-style Tripel)
- Baron Noir (Baltic Porter)

Le Bilboquet
- Larchange (Hefeweizen)
- Mtayer Brune (Brown Ale)
- MacKroken Flower (Scotch Ale)
- L'Affriolante (Honey and Spice Ale)

It looks pretty good though it's a pity you don't have anything from breweries outside Quebec. Mill St Brewery in Toronto, County Durham Brewing in Pickering, Barley Days in Picton, Granite Brewing in Toronto, Neustadt Springs in Neustadt, Scotch Irish in Ottawa, Wellington Brewery in Guelph and Half Pints Brewing in Winnipeg all make amazing beers. In any case, my submissions have been submitted.

It looks pretty good though it's a pity you don't have anything from breweries outside Quebec. Mill St Brewery in Toronto, County Durham Brewing in Pickering, Barley Days in Picton, Granite Brewing in Toronto, Neustadt Springs in Neustadt, Scotch Irish in Ottawa, Wellington Brewery in Guelph and Half Pints Brewing in Winnipeg all make amazing beers. In any case, my submissions have been submitted.

If you only knew how hard it was to get the beers we have been lucky enough to get!

;-)

If you only knew how hard it was to get the beers we have been lucky enough to get!

;-)

I can only imagine and I don't want to suggest that it is anything other than amazing that you have secured those kegs. It also speaks wonders of just how good the Quebec micro scene is. Well done and I hope to see you guys getting even more great kegs in the future.

;-)

Just out of interest - how hard was it? What's involved in bringing a lineup like that to Australia?

Just out of interest - how hard was it? What's involved in bringing a lineup like that to Australia?

Three months of planning and great expense! It's worth it for these beers though..

Spectapquebecular!

... damn shame I won't be there to enjoy it :(

When are you queers going to open one in Perth, FFS!

Sweet jesus that is one hell of a line up.
I keep on missing these Spectapular thingos, and am determined to make it to at least one!

Back