Can You See Your House?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
Google have been busy updating their maps section.
In the top right hand corner click on sattelite and then move the screen to Australia and zoom in to see if you can see your house. Not all areas have been done so far but they will be updated.

http://maps.google.com/

LOOK...theres a nasa burner in action :lol: :lol:

PS: You will need broadband.

Yep Sure is, only took me 10 mins to find it though... pretty impressive! :beerbang:

Found the roof of my place, but not enough zoom to see the brewing rig in the garden! Phew

Yep, I can see the garbo truck struggling to lift my green bin :lol:

Beers,
Doc

johnno said:
For even more fun download the app and see the earth in a whole different light.

http://earth.google.com/

cheers
johnno
[post="66719"][/post]​

Yeah, I've been playing with it since it was released. I love the fly to function.
Pity NZ and Aus aren't in the same resolution as the US.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
johnno said:
For even more fun download the app and see the earth in a whole different light.

cheers
johnno
[post="66719"][/post]​

Yeah, I've been playing with it since it was released. I love the fly to function.

Beers,
Doc
[post="66722"][/post]​
Yeah it,s great Doc.
Should eventually get updated to cover most of the world.
I like trying to find landmarks, natural and manmade. Pyramids, mountains etc.
Its a cool little toy. :)

cheers
johnno

johnno said:
Doc said:
johnno said:

cheers
johnno
[post="66719"][/post]​

Beers,
Doc
[post="66722"][/post]​
Yeah it,s great Doc.
Should eventually get updated to cover most of the world.
I like trying to find landmarks, natural and manmade. Pyramids, mountains etc.
Its a cool little toy. :)

cheers
johnno
[post="66723"][/post]​

Microsoft have launched their version recently. It is called MSN Virtual Earth.
Very US centric and the closest view you can get of Oz is 20 miles.
Google wins again :lol:

Doc

Looking at the Moon site was interesting. I'd forgotten how many missions went to the Moon in just three years. If the Yanks had continued these missions, we could be enjoying a beer on Mars now! Hmmm, I can see it now. Relaxing, watching the moons rise, sipping on a 'Red Dust Draught'.

I wonder how often they update the satelite pics, th ehouse next door to mine was knocked down about 4 months ago to build units but its still showing on their pic.

Its pretty awesome otherwise

DUDE WHY DID YA TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THAT SITE,MY CHICK WAS NUDE SUNBAKING AT THE TIME IT WAS TAKEN....... AND NO I WON'T TELL YOU WHERE I LIVE !!!!!! :beerbang:

If you are on one of those plans that cost you 15c/Mb when over your limit, watch your download counter. It moves faster than the satellite your'e pretending to fly. You can easily clock up 20Mb/Hr.

From The Age in Melbourne

Discomfort as Google zooms from great height

August 8, 2005 - 5:08PM

Australia's nuclear regulator has called on Google to censor high-quality satellite imagery of the Lucas Heights nuclear reactor which is freely available on its website.

Google Earth, a new software program owned by the search engine giant, allows users to zoom across the planet at a height of about 300 metres.

The technology offers a bird's eye view of the entire Lucas Heights facility, including the soon-to-be-decommissioned HIFAR reactor and the early stages of construction of its replacement, the OPAL reactor.

Such is the quality of the satellite imagery that cars and the clearly defined perimeter can be seen.

The Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation wants the quality of imagery downgraded or completely obscured.

"We would probably prefer [Google] not to show images as intimately as they currently do and we'll certainly be liaising with them to see whether we can reduce that level of intimacy," ANSTO spokesman, Craig Pearce, said.

johnno

Oh great :(
You can see my backyard/pool and Brewery on that bloody 'Google Earth' thing.
mmm...must mow the lawn !
B)

Dont worry, most of the photos are a couple of years old. I know it shows my house, minus the extra house they built on the back of the block approx 2 years ago.

Back