Camping.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pipsyboy said:
Where's the best place to get the box from?
Mate, if you PM me your address tonight I should be able to courier a brand new box over to you, delivered to your door by tomorrow afternoon. Has to happen tonight though as Fastway is picking up early tomorrow morning.

If you ever meet me in person shout me a beer, but no worries if it never actually happens.

I've picked them up from Woolies etc before, just go and ask at the vege section and you might get lucky.

Of course, where there's a chance you might get lucky, always try to ask someone attractive.

Jase said:
Brewologist,

What do you use to push out the beer? A soda stream setup?

Any chance of a pic?

Cheers,
Jase
Hey Jase,

I have a 2.6kg co2 bottle that I use for dispensing. I have used the tiny co2/soda bulbs before but, in my experience, they are a pain to use.

Its not much trouble lugging round the small bottle.

Cheers,

Florian said:
Mate, if you PM me your address tonight I should be able to courier a brand new box over to you, delivered to your door by tomorrow afternoon. Has to happen tonight though as Fastway is picking up early tomorrow morning.

If you ever meet me in person shout me a beer, but no worries if it never actually happens.
Mate, thanks so much. Thinking I missed the boat so I called into Coles and got a couple.

Mr B said:
I've picked them up from Woolies etc before, just go and ask at the vege section and you might get lucky.

Of course, where there's a chance you might get lucky, always try to ask someone attractive.
It was a short fat bloke..............

Is the idea of a stainless coil in an esky like this.
Chill your beer to say 3 degrees and carb up to desired level say for me 80kpa.
Once carbed take beer out of fridge and it can then sit warm out of the esky. As you pour a beer the lines cool the beer down so the co2 goes back into the beer.
That sounds to easy?

fill a few bottles with a counter-flow filler works for me. Do it for all kegs now and just store in keezer for a quick grab if going to dinner or after work.

Kingy said:
Is the idea of a stainless coil in an esky like this.
Chill your beer to say 3 degrees and carb up to desired level say for me 80kpa.
Once carbed take beer out of fridge and it can then sit warm out of the esky. As you pour a beer the lines cool the beer down so the co2 goes back into the beer.
That sounds to easy?
Thats pretty much it Kingy, but you really dont want the kegs getting too warm. Dont leave them in the sun. There is a point where you cant chill the beer enough.
Just note that when they do get warmer, they will pour frothy. This is where youll need to turn the pressure UP, not down. Most people think they need to ease off the gas when things get foamy. This also means you need enough beer line, but the entire coil is usually enough.
Ive done this type of thing heaps of times and its great. I just like to keep the kegs as cool as possible. Sometimes in the middles of summer, I sit the kegs in a bin of ice with a towell over it. Works perfectly.

My setup is about as simple as you can get. Keg goes in an esky with the lid off. Fill esky with ice. Cover ice with a towel. This setup relies on the reasoning that you only need to keep the bottom half of the keg cold which is true. I kept a keg cold over Easter weekend doing this without needing to change the ice. Probably wouldn't be much chop in Summer though.

Back