Camping Keezer Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
1. Taps

i've seen some bronco taps mounted into kegerator/keezer setups and i want to replicate it for a cheaper option tap on a camping trip...

I've read that the tab on the bronco locks the tap in place like a keyhole..

i just can't get my head around how to do this. do i need to use a router to make a keyhole in the timber faceplate? if so is the 'key' part of the keyhole horizontal in this application?

At the moment my dodgy design brain is considering cutting the tab off the bronco and just gluing it into a regular hole with sikaflex...

any tips and ideas?

2. Line

Am i correct in thinking 4mm id line will allow me the shortest line length in a keg system?

Party tap - best way imo would be to drill a hole to allow the beer out line to pass through then add the tap on after (is this what you are asking in Q1?)

Q2 - I would stick with normal beer line, so you can exchange between setups easier.

Also you can reduce the headspace pressure prior to pouring and just give it a shot of CO2 as required when pouring from the porta sysyem.

Yeah you can attach the picnic tap pretty easily - what you do is cut off the little flap at the start of the tap's barb with some side cutters. Then get two pieces of wood (like 40x20 pine or whatever), screw them together, then drill a 13 or 14mm hole where the boards meet. Unscrew the boards, and then put the tap in the semicircle hole gaps, then clamp the boards back together with the screws. The boards will clamp the tap in place. You can also put multiple holes and multiple taps.

Also if you want shorter lines, this is the go.

Party tap - best way imo would be to drill a hole to allow the beer out line to pass through then add the tap on after (is this what you are asking in Q1?)

kind of but i want them mounted solidly like this
(stolen from Nick JD)
IMG_3250.jpg

Q2 - I would stick with normal beer line, so you can exchange between setups easier.

what exactly is standard/normal when it comes to beer line? 4 , 5 or 6mm?

Yeah you can attach the picnic tap pretty easily - what you do is cut off the little flap at the start of the tap's barb with some side cutters. Then get two pieces of wood (like 40x20 pine or whatever), screw them together, then drill a 13 or 14mm hole where the boards meet. Unscrew the boards, and then put the tap in the semicircle hole gaps, then clamp the boards back together with the screws. The boards will clamp the tap in place. You can also put multiple holes and multiple taps.

Brilliant! love it

Also if you want shorter lines, this is the go.

isnt this just turning 1m of 5 or 6mm line into 3 metres of 3 or 4mm line? is there any advantage over buying 4mm line other than cost?

kind of but i want them mounted solidly like this
(stolen from Nick JD)
View attachment 59072

what exactly is standard/normal when it comes to beer line? 4 , 5 or 6mm?

Brilliant! love it

isnt this just turning 1m of 5 or 6mm line into 3 metres of 3 or 4mm line? is there any advantage over buying 4mm line other than cost?

But then you only need 1M of of 3mm line instead of 5M of 6mm line, or whatever.

The line will be shorter overall (tidy), and the tube will attach to the barbs as easily as normal 5mm bev tube. I find the picnic taps hard enough to attach with 5mm tube, 4mm probably sucks :)

Latest posts

Back