Camlocks - I'm Excited

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
My camlocks have arrived! I'm excited

I've been putting together my 3V for about 3 or so years, and in the last couple of months I have started using my new system. One thing I've been looking forward to is getting the camlocks to plumb it all up correctly.

Funny thing was I got them from T&S and the 316 stainless camlocks work out as cheap as neta brass fittings from Bunnings, and you don't have to adapt half the crap to 3/4 fittings. In hindsight I should have went straight for them up front, rather than buying some brass fittings that will no longer be used.

You're not a real brewer until you have camlocks. :rolleyes: :lol:

230420121033.jpg

230420121034.jpg

A smidgen OT...

I went to pick up my box of camlocks/other SS plumbing gear from the post office on saturday as I had a note saying the parcel had (finally) arrived.

Went there to discover they could not longer find the parcel... <_<

Now to go back today/tomorrow to hopefully pick up this missing box of valuable brewing gear.

/rant

Back on topic. Congrats on the gear Kev :beerbang:

Sponge

EDIT: Literally JUST got a phonecall from the post office saying they found my box of goodies.

Huzzah!

I am now, also excited.

Glad they found your box of fittings.

It's good fun opening them, like a little kid opening his presents.

QldKev

what did they charge you for them?? and what is the sizes you got?

looked on the site and think they would be the 15mm part B and C ones?? the picture must be a generic one as the thread and barb looks alot bigger then your one.

All 15mm (aka 1/2 BSP)

I got
10 x part C
10 x part F
Total inc post was $177 (inc GST)

Price wise it was pretty close to Chi, but I had a preference to stay with an Australian supplier, and stay with BSP thread as Australia uses and not the NPT used in the US

QldKev

ahh yes stupid me cant go female to female :p didnt look down that far. Thats a good price might look into getting some for mine later down the track will save that site.

Should also mentioned I know some camlocks from some different manufacturers cannot be mixed, so your best of staying with the one supplier for the lot.

QldKev

as long as they where not the male to male videos with no adapter lol

do they have prices on that website?
it says for detailed information and prices check the catergory on the left
ive done that am i missing something as i can only find pictures not any prices

cheers: HBK

do they have prices on that website?
it says for detailed information and prices check the catergory on the left
ive done that am i missing something as i can only find pictures not any prices

cheers: HBK

I couldn't find any prices online. I just called and when he gave the the prices I ordered.

If I need any more T pieces or bends etc I think they may be worth checking the price for too, not sure how they compare.

as long as they where not the male to male videos with no adapter lol
No adapter needed for m-m Couplers.

You're not a real brewer until you have camlocks. :rolleyes: :lol:
I've had my camlocks for 6 months now, but no brewery to fit them on, what does that make me? :)

Something to consider - especially for those who use pumps - is that (as you can see in the picture in the first post) the male-hose-barb on the female Coupler is quite a bit smaller (and restrictive) compared to silicon hose ID.
However the heavy duty silicon hose can (with a little bit of effort) be squeezed over 1/2 inch thread fittings and then secured easily with a hose clamp.
This makes the Type 'B' (Female Coupler, male thread) are a less restrictive way to fit your hoses:
ctypeb.jpg

I also use 90degree elbows with the Type B fittings - much easier to manage with no hose kinking problems.

Something to consider - especially for those who use pumps - is that (as you can see in the picture in the first post) the male-hose-barb on the female Coupler is quite a bit smaller (and restrictive) compared to silicon hose ID.
However the heavy duty silicon hose can (with a little bit of effort) be squeezed over 1/2 inch thread fittings and then secured easily with a hose clamp.
This makes the Type 'B' (Female Coupler, male thread) are a less restrictive way to fit your hoses:
ctypeb.jpg

That's what I chose with my fittings. B type for the female ends with silicon hose and hose clamps.

I haven't fitted them yet (but I did pick up the box of them during the old lunch break) and am hoping that with some boiling water and elbow grease, theyll squeeze on nicely.

Then secure them with some SS hose clamps and bob's your uncle.

As you say, should allow for more flow than with the barbed end camlocks which is why I decided against them.

Sponge

Latest posts

Back