Came here for the olives thread…decided to join!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamgeuse

Reaction score
Hello! I am in north east victoria and have been homesteading since before homesteading was trendy. We grow stuff, bottle it, ferment it , brew it and distill it as much as we can.
we are going to venture into ciders soon…our heat mat is currently tending our mushroom boxes though…

Hello! I am in north east victoria and have been homesteading since before homesteading was trendy. We grow stuff, bottle it, ferment it , brew it and distill it as much as we can.
we are going to venture into ciders soon…our heat mat is currently tending our mushroom boxes though…
Sounds great. What's homesteading? (excuse my ignorance*) is it like being self-sufficient? No need for a heat mat if you take advantage of the cold weather to brew as much lager as you can before it gets too warm.

* I've learnt a few new words since being on this forum: "rort" and "bogan" being two of them.

Hello and welcome. What stuff do you grow for your brewing needs?

Where is the olives thread? I search olive and all I get are washers.

Sounds great. What's homesteading? (excuse my ignorance*) is it like being self-sufficient? No need for a heat mat if you take advantage of the cold weather to brew as much lager as you can before it gets too warm.

* I've learnt a few new words since being on this forum: "rort" and "bogan" being two of them.
Yeah. Self-sufficient and doing things yourself.

It is in the off topic folder.
I just went in to find it again and can’t. It was talking about mould in the liquid. After reading it i decided not to toss my olives but to rinse them and put them in fresh brine in my fowler’s jars with their fermentor parts and keep going.

Nothing for brewing…yet. We have an apple tree here that we would like to harvest for cider…if the parrots leave us any! Lol!
Cider is cool. Parrots? Just talk to them.😄

Cider is cool. Parrots? Just talk to them.😄
Lol! We actually do talk to them. Hahaha! The main culprits are eastern rosellas. We have one pair that we are sure live around here. Then there are the king parrots but they leave the apples alone and were trimming the veggie plants until we netted the gardens. We have a couple pair of those. And there are about two dozen grass parrots . ..oh…and a nice little flock of crazy galahs. The cockatoos and corellas just fly over…maybe one day they will stop in and say hey….lololol!

You really do have plenty of parrots. Have fun with your cider, and your parrots?

Back