Calling fridge techs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_HOME_BREW_WALLACE_

Professional Drunken Yahoo!
Reaction score
I scored a fridge off the boss for zilch. i made a couple of measurements and it seems i'm about 10-15mm short of squeezing a corny with disconnects height wise. if that was all good, i could shoehorn 4 of the buggers in it. i'll throw up a couple of photos, if i can trim some off the top and the compressor hump its all good. Any fridgos know if this is possible?

Pics:

20130129_163250.jpg

20130129_163408.jpg

one with the model no, blah blah.....:

20130129_163403.jpg

No fridgo but I reckon if you cut into that stuff your going to get a hole into the outside world!

lol. tis all good. i need about $50 in parts to get her working. just thinking if its possible to butcher her a bit if i could squeeze them in?

if you cut into the compressor hump you may find that the actual compressor itself is too close to give you the extra height needed and you would still have to seal it up with something. You could take the back off and see how close the compressor is to the actual hump and if it will give you what you need.
if you cut into the top of the fridge lining your going to have a job trying to seal the insulation back up again. And there may be wiring up in there although it usually routes to the rear of the fridge. Either way is going to be a big job and will certainly hack your fridge and look a bit messy. If you dont cover and seal it up properly you will have mould developing later down the track. I personally wouldnt do it.

Does your kegs have the rubber boot? Could you take this off? if you only need 10-15mm that might do it. Or put 2 cornies on the floor and 2 9 litre kegs on the hump.
Will 4 cornies fit on the floor if you remove the door lining and re-line with whiteboard or white masonite? That would be your better option. Its hard to tell from your photos but looks like they might?

I'd use it as a ferm fridge.

easy,,,,, you got it for nothing right? clean it up sell it on ebay.
set up a automated search to email you when a new fridge in your area is uploaded.

I scored a 432 litre all fridge westinghouse for $20 bucks!
and I can fit five in mine!

just a different idea for ya anyway!

set up a automated search to email you when a new fridge in your area is uploaded.

Robbo2234 said:
I didnt know you could do that. Bloody good idea. im going to give that a go.

Hey wallace,
Try freecycle Brisbane or Gold Coast.Here's one from the 21 st. don't know if it's still there but might be too far away.Often get good working ones there.

• [freecycle_brisbane_north] Offer: Fridge - Murrumba Downs‏

clear.gif
clear.gif

clear.gif

Groups, Newsletters | 21/01/2013

shellfox74

Schedule cleanup
To [email protected]

420 litre Westinghouse freestyle all Fridge - Model number
RP423- Fridge works well - temp and thermostat all good - has all
shelves - was used as very large bar fridge - Door has come off and will
need repair. also needs new seals. May suit Fridge repair person for
parts or repair or someone willing to fix door mount and seals.

Email me when you can pick up.

Cheers

Truman said:

I didnt know you could do that. Bloody good idea. im going to give that a go.
This is how I scored two identical 400L all-fridges ;)

Think I paid 80$ all up.

ie: two different ebay auctions

Back