Calling All Sydney Home Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elissa

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a journo in Sydney. I'm looking for a Sydney dad (30s - 40s) who has a fantastic homebrew set-up in the shed/garage. We want to do an interview and photo shoot for a father's day special.

We need a really great-looking home brewery for a big glossy photo. Are you a star?

Email me by Friday 12/Aug if interested. [email protected]

Elissa Blake :D

Elissa said:
Hi everyone,

I'm a journo in Sydney. I'm looking for a Sydney dad (30s - 40s) who has a fantastic homebrew set-up in the shed/garage. We want to do an interview and photo shoot for a father's day special.

We need a really great-looking home brewery for a big glossy photo. Are you a star?

Email me by Friday 12/Aug if interested. [email protected]

Elissa Blake :D

This should be right up your alley Doc,

Especially as you are thinking of maybe going Pro.... :super:

Hi Elissa,
Welcome to the board. Who do you represent?

johnno

I'm with the Sunday Magazine in the Sunday Telegraph in Sydney and the Sunday Herald-Sun in Melbourne. So it's great exposure if your keen. We have 3.5 million readers in Sydney and Melbourne.

I work in Sydney so I really need a Sydney home brewer.

let me know
Elissa

cool

I can hear all the Sydney Dads kicking themselves that they made their shiny ss brewery with kegs obtained from dubious sources....
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: beware of the keg detectives

Asher for now

I fit the bill.
Email sent Elissa.

Beers,
Doc

Asher said:
cool

I can hear all the Sydney Dads kicking themselves that they made their shiny ss brewery with kegs obtained from dubious sources....
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: beware of the keg detectives

Asher for now
[post="70926"][/post]​

You could pose as a baggie apply for immunity.

Doc Posted Today, 05:53 PM
I fit the bill.
Email sent Elissa.

Beers,
Doc
Looking forward to the expose(insert squiggly bit) Doc, Hope you remember us all when 3.5 million people know you :p .
Hope it goes through for you Doc.

Cheers
Andrew

Doc said:
I fit the bill.
Email sent Elissa.

Beers,
Doc

As i am helping you get the interview Doc...

Feel Free to plug ....

GMKenterprises :rolleyes:

:super:

Good luck with it Doc. :)

Just as an aside though, from what I've seen of homebrewing write-ups in the form of print media if I were you I'd be asking for some sort of input or final OK into the editorial before it gets to their Editor and goes to press.

Some of it although well-intentioned is inclined to be a bit on the piss-taking side. <_<

Warren -

Good day
I'm 52 with two old plastic fermenters as boilers. If you ever want to do an article for Seniors' News or Pensioner Weekly you can contact me. :D

Well done, Doc!!!

I better put my order in for those 3 gallon kegs from BD, as I can see a jump in the number of homebrewers after the article. :D :blink: the more, the merrier.

Also, well done Elissa. It's great to see someone thinking outside the square.

Dane, do u think AHB can cater for another 3.5 million members?!!! :eek:

Cheers,
Jase

Will definitely plug the site if the article happens.
Seems rather timely too, as JasonY has almost finished the Recipe section upgrade, and Dane has almost completed the Gallery integration too.
I wonder if it will be like being Slashdot'ed ? ;)
Beers,
Doc

Any chance of someone publishing a copy of the article in this forum for the benefit of non-Sydney home brewers? Or at least letting the rest of us know when the article is puiblished so we can order a copy of the newspaper?

[quote name='Ol'Wobbly' date='Aug 10 2005, 09:53 AM']Any chance of someone publishing a copy of the article in this forum for the benefit of non-Sydney home brewers? Or at least letting the rest of us know when the article is puiblished so we can order a copy of the newspaper?
[post="71031"][/post]​
[/quote]

well i'm sure the lucky HB who gets the call will be more than willing to post a link...
better still, maybe Elissa might be nice enough to provide the site with an electronic copy.. B)

i just spoke to Elissa.. and she is more than happy to email a copy of the article for the site.
the article will be in the paper on the sunday of fathers day.
and Elissa will email an electronic version on the Monday. :beer:

Back