Calling All Proper Inner Sydney Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenose

Reaction score
Hey inner-Sydney brewers... good to catch up with many of you at ANHC3.

I somehow remember in a drunken haze on club night promising to organise a meeting of hop HEADS who are PROPER INNER SYDNEY-SIDERS.

In other words P.I.S.S. HEADS! Ok, so maybe the name needs some work... ;-)

I've been talking about this since the last ANHC as I know a dozen brewers in the inner-city suburbs and I just find it hard to make it out to the ISB or Western Sydney Brewers meetings (meetings? what meetings?)

Open to suggestion as to where and when to meet up. I was thinking of Harts or the Taphouse. Or we could meet up and have a brew day at my place in Lilyfield.

If just a pub meet-up it could be just about any night. Sundays are best for brew-days for me.

Anyway, reply or drop me a line if you're interested in coming along. All welcome, beginner, advanced, inner-city or suburban.

Cheers,
Pete

I'm interested in coming along, but isn't ISB inner sydney brewers or am I mistaken?

I will be overseas until December but interested in coming along

I'm interested in coming along, but isn't ISB inner sydney brewers or am I mistaken?

I will be overseas until December but interested in coming along

From my experience ISB isn't really inner-Sydney club but I guess we could consider this an offshoot or chapter of ISB.

I'm not interested in creating divisions, I just wanted to organise some get togethers within the inner-city suburbs.

Whatever it is I don't think anyone will complain with additional brewing events going on.

Good luck with it, Pete. You can call it ISB if you want, or not. Either way, it'd be good if more meetings, talk and good beer drinking was happening than is at present. Life sometimes gets in the way of beer. :( :beer:

Go for it sunshine! Give me a meeting to make if I come back to Syd.

Mate I say keep it as isb but organize the meetings where you want. The only reason the last couple have been where they have been is that's where they were organized

There was deifinitely loads of interest in this from ANHC attendees!

I agree with Barls, lets keep it ISB but just hold some more events closer to / in the city.

My workplace could be a good option for an event where we can drink homebrew. We've got a huge user space and 4 kegerators that we could hook up corny kegs to, and lots of fridge space for bottles. It's in the city on George st near Martin place.

Ill have to check with the office manager when I get back from tassie in a couple of weeks ;)

Brewday sounds good to! Happy to host at my place in Enmore some time.

Edit: typos

Also keen for some sort of regular inner city meetings.

I work with haldini, and have contacted our office manager about using the our meeting space for brewers meetings. Reply wasn't an immediate 'yes' but it wasn't an immediate 'no' either. Will update in this thread when I hear more.

+1 to keeping it ISB, but can I suggest that we update the group's web presence a bit? http://innersydneybrewers.blogspot.com.au/ is deathly quiet and the mailing list link 404s. Might I suggest http://www.meetup.com/ (or just a google group)? Would help quite a bit with new members - I wouldn't have known to come to AHB to find a sydney brewers club unless haldini told me to sign up (I would have googled, hit the blog spot page and assumed that the group no longer exists).
I've used meetup for quite a few software dev groups I've been involved with, and it's a pretty good system.

I'd be interested too, Enmore is on the edge of my maps, but sure I could find it!

I'd be keen to participate as would my brewing buddy, despite being from Cronulla he'll get onboard the inner city brewin train!

We actually have a web group. It's google groups based. If your not on the list please on me and I'll add you to it. We kept it a closed group only to keep the spammers out.
We have a blog???? Wow thAts old

Count me in!
Wonder if Young Henry's would be conducive the use of their space for club meetings?
Then there are the local pubs that care about craft beer (eg The Union) that have at least one dead night per week...
My mate is the manager of the Botany View Hotel

Dudes I'd be keen as shit for this! I looked in to it a while back and it didn't seem to focused on inner city.

although I live out west I'd be very interested, WSB seem to be a very quiet bunch.

Another potential brew club meeting spot - I was at the Petersham bowlo at 77 Brighton St on Sunday and they had on tap Rocks Brewing Co Governor golden ale, Hangman Pale ale (which was outstanding & very hoppy) and the Young Henry's latest seasonal release. Might be worth a look

I'm in. The new job is less hours and no travelling (woo!). So I should actually be able to make it to things now

so many brewers all around the neighbourhood, no wonder i often get a whiff of wort boiling of a morning

sounds good

Back