Calling Adelaide Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Reaction score
Hi Fellow Adelaideons

Well I am coming to live in the best town (apart from the water) in Australia.

We have signed a contract on a house at the base of the Beutifull Barossa Valley - Lyndock.

We will be in Adeailde 07 Oct03 and moving into our house on the 07Nov03.

Do you guys what to arrange a brew get together?
Also, are there any brewing co-ops out there that have arranged for bulk grains and hops.

I have been reliably informed that there is a north side brewing club in Springton/Mount Pleasant.

Any other brewing info - allready know the grumpy's, have not met Jovial Monk yet - that would be good to know.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing you all over there...
and sharing home brew or two, three, four or more. :chug:

GMK
iam here in the city of churches maybe we could get our own co-op going.i don't know many other brewers but iam a all grain brewer.ive got a three tiered H.E.R.M.S. maximun 45-50 litres for a all grain brew.got a digicam the other day so theirs pics coming soon for those who have been waiting to see.

love to catch up when you get here.and share some beers,malt,hops,yeast and brewing thoughts.iam about 5 kms north of the C.B.D.

for anyone interested in town iv'e got next weekend off(13-14th) and will be brewing like mad if anyone wants to come round.just P.M me.maybe finally get a adelaide get together going.

Jayse

Sounds excellent.

You will be able to help me with my First All Grain Brew...when i get set up.

I have an e-mail at work from GSrman detailing a contact in Adelaide for what i think is a co-op...

Will let you know when i confirm either way....

cool ken you want be far from me then and that brewers club sound intresting and a grain coop would be good to i may get my own mill by the end of the year a phil mil single roller maybe or maybe i will bite the bullet and get a valley or barley crusher

Just looked now...

Thanks

Only just saw this thread, been a bit busy lateley...

I'd also be interested in a get together in the Northern Suburbs.

I probably don't brew enough to help meaningfully in any co-op, but it'd be cool to catch up / have some people to try my brews :unsure:

Boots,

Welcome aboard...I know that when i get settled in Lyndoch i will organise a Adelaide Aussiehomebrewer Forum BBQ...

Looking forward to seeing you there.

ken in the craftbrewer site club section they had a listing for a club in gawler now thats close to you

Jazman said:
ken in the craftbrewer site club section they had a listing for a club in gawler now thats close to you
I have e-mailed the contact for the Gawler Homebrewing Club...

No reply yet.

I have establish contact with a homebrew co-op that meet once every couple of months.

I am on there e-mail list.
No pun intended - but the guy i had to e-mail is named
Mark Hopps :lol:

Gawler is not far from you Jazman.
Jazman - I might be able to get you added to the co-op as well.

true Galwer is close to me only 10 min away i have mark hopps email as he posts on the craftbrewer descution group i kow he got stuck with heaps of hops from over seas i will email him any way but i need a mill first

Jazman

When i get to Lyndoch....you can use my Barley Crusher to crack your grain.

Jazman,

The guy that has just done the pest inspection on my house - his brother runs Adelaide Maltings. :D

When i get over, i will be having them both over for a beer. :chug:
Will see what deal i can get on bags of grain direct from them...might be able to barter some home brew...or better yet...become the Adelaide Maltings home brewer grain tester/brewer.

How GOOD would that be! :rolleyes:

that sounds great GMK.
the minium buy from them is properly a tonne.

jayse

Well i have contacts in a small brewing co-op over there....might be able to welcome more...over here the min order is 50 bags from Wes at maltcraft or there is a 1.10 picking fee and the freight is a bit extra.

This is from/by the local HBS.

Last i heard - they upped the minimum order to 200kg....
Will just have to ask the guy that runs it. You cant get what you dont ask for.

First thing is to get a price list and find out if i need an ABN number.
Then i can put it out to the co-op and the list....

Will just have to wait and see. Nothing ventured/Nothing Gained.

maybee i will have to make a steel hopper for ur mill and maybee a stainless one if i can get some stainless

gmk
sounding good.i have an abn.you can get one easily anyhow.
love too see the prices.i'd expect to be able to get amc pale malt for as little as 50-75c a kilo in bulk from the wholesaler.
i'd buy about 50kgs every couple of months.or at least 200kgs every 6 months.

cheers jayse

gmk
just did two trips up and back just past lyndoch today.
did a gig at barossa novatel resort.took about 40 mins from my joint.
easy drive except those bloody 55-90 k curves every 200 m after gawler.those 15 kms' of curves make it a task driving.

anyway next time i do the trip i know there will be a good beer stop on the way.

Too easy...will look forward to it....

Can you sing "on the cover of the rolling stones"

And my wife's favourite " Sometimes when we touch"

Could arrange a gig for my house warming.

Latest posts

Back