C&c Keg Sale: Price Reduction

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mchitiea

Hi Everyone,
-Matt here in (getting colder) Northern California.
-As you all know by now, the keg supply is getting low across the U.S. One would think we'd RAISE prices due to limited supply! Well sometimes you just can't follow any "economic model". We know the supply is getting REALLY SHORT so why "drag things on and on and on"? Besides, I want to stop working.... I want to go motorcycling and camping and sailing and start HAVING FUN again and...and...!!!!

- FALL SALE: $14.50USD PER KEG
-LET'S BLOW THESE THINGS OUT OF HERE!

-SEE AT: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7556088427

Any 3 gallon kegs????? If so, I'd be interested in two.

Cheers,
Jase

Reckon thats around 88.00AUD for 4 Kegs with gasket kits and then around 92.00AUD for 20 day surface freight (no tracking or insurance) $180.00 how does than stack up against what they cost here. Have seen the od one locally in HBS's for around $90 ea. So about half price?

Hi Screwtop,

Some HBS charge up to $100 per keg. So half price sounds about right. I got 4 kegs from Terry at BD, an associate of Matt. Couldn't be happier.

Cheers,
Jase

Interesting point there mandraker, still waiting on a reply via email & AHB forum

-The kegs we have now are the same great condition as we always have had. Pepsi most certainly did NOT keep/save and continue to use the crappy ones for last! The "Scrapper kegs" were the FIRST ones they got rid of!
-Look at the feedback thread from the beginning.

-To the person that says they need different poppets: We have emailed you several times saying " Send back the poppets if they are the wrong type and we will replace them". We ARE NOT just going to send more poppets.....we've been screwed TOO MANY TIMES !
-From our feedback you will see that we have made just about every buyer VERY HAPPY.

-REMEMBER....shipping is NOT 20 days for Parcel Post: Economy Surface, as stated in the USPS website. AVERAGE DELIVERY TIME IS 9 WEEKS.

-NO 3 GALLON KEGS AVAILABLE ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.....in bulk qtys at a reasonable price.

-The price reduction is for two reasons: 1. Competition from a shop that does not have a clue about what is happening, supply wise, and; 2. After doing this since 1996, I'm looking forward to new things in my life....like exporting Pepsi equipment TO China!

mchitiea said:
-
-NO 3 GALLON KEGS AVAILABLE ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.....in bulk qtys at a reasonable price.
[post="84425"][/post]​

I can see another bulk buy coming. :p :D

Doesn't he mean there's none available in bulk at a reasonable price?

tonydav said:
[post="84440"][/post]​

Yep. He's saying that he can't buy any in bulk at a reasonable price, so he has none to sell.

Cheers
MAH

MAH said:
tonydav said:
[post="84440"][/post]​

Yep. He's saying that he can't buy any in bulk at a reasonable price, so he has none to sell.

Cheers
MAH
[post="84456"][/post]​

-We consider "bulk qtys" to be 1,000+. There ARE 3 gal kegs out there....20 here....50 there.....but hey, if you want them for $50++/e then we could get them and ship them. Might as well just buy new ones for $95....RATS...I HATE when that happens!
-Keep in mind that C&C and BD are the same. Terry handles the small parts, etc. I handle bulk and Pepsi Vending equipment. The kegs are all the same.

Does anyone know if there is any additional charges on the kegs such as customs or import taxes. Thanks .

JayBdrunk said:
Does anyone know if there is any additional charges on the kegs such as customs or import taxes. Thanks .
[post="84903"][/post]​

Not unless you exceed the $ quota.

If the value of the imported goods falls below $200AUD there will be no tax/duty/tariff imposed :)

PZ.

I can see myself finally getting some kegging gear together. If they come in at such a low price, I might consider getting 8 of the suckers... I'm sick of bottling!

NRB said:
I can see myself finally getting some kegging gear together. If they come in at such a low price, I might consider getting 8 of the suckers... I'm sick of bottling!
[post="85150"][/post]​

i'd be getting in quick with the way the quality seems to be declining...

Still bloody good value though against the alternatives...

yep. go for it as im sure the time will come when kegs are rarer than hens teeth which will be scarce as bird flu which will have wiped them all out. :unsure:

mchitiea said:
-The kegs we have now are the same great condition as we always have had. Pepsi most certainly did NOT keep/save and continue to use the crappy ones for last! The "Scrapper kegs" were the FIRST ones they got rid of!
-Look at the feedback thread from the beginning.

[post="84425"][/post]​

Mat,
Looked back at the thread from the beginning. Seems only now that the kegs are lower condition than before. Maybe Pepsi did not save the crappy ones to last, but I bet you have sold the crappy ones last. Pepsi just mixed a couple of crap ones into each of your batches, now you have a few remaining at less than good condition. Over the years I have had a supplier of second hand kegs in Aust. He too buys in bulk. Now he is at the end of the supply and the ones remaining I wouldn't touch with a 40 metre pole.
I suggest that the ones you have remaining would have ruined your reputation if you sent them out first. Buyers beware, I have seen the kegs that remain after all the good ones are sold.
I bet you even have some with "double" relief valves and the "bails" on the lid dont touch the top of the keg when closed (ie no seal except if the keg is highly gassed)
I am only posting this because you maintain they are in excellent condition.
The last couple of posters suggest otherwise.

cheers
Darren

Back