Buying Perlick Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benken25

Reaction score
Hi all im looking at buying some taps of the beer tap sop on ebay. These are what im looking at http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Perlick-525ss-f...=item3a7150af02 I have read the perlick taps are good quality has anyone delt with this seller on ebay? or is anyone using these taps what are the pros and cons of upgrading from by crappy crome ones im using at the moment. thanks for the help guys

Brauman has always been a pretty well regarded seller.

I almost bought from him but ended up with john from farmhouse brewing (google for address)

Ive personally bought 6 taps and shanks from him in total. You can get 3 taps and 3 shanks in a small usps box which is about $20 postage iirc.
No affilliation but just a very happy customer

Oh the 525ss taps are fantastic!

cheers i will have a look at compare prices and postage. do the 525ss perlick taps spring back and self seal? tahks for the help

Thanks everyone now im wondering about flow control i dont really have an issue without it. should the taps be a straighforward swapover or will i have to balance the system again?

Yep, got my Perlick flow controls from him - great taps and no dramas with the purchase.

another happy customer here. He will also package up parts for you, i got taps, shanks, handles and hose barb tail pieces from him at an awesome price,

being america, be prepared for slow post.

Thanks everyone now im wondering about flow control i dont really have an issue without it. should the taps be a straighforward swapover or will i have to balance the system again?

The resistance of different taps will not affect anything you could notice, from what I understand...

The reason I endorse flow control is for these reasons:

1. no more coiled up beer line in my keezer - Amen!
2. I can accidentally, over carb something and still pour it
3. I can have one keg at one level and another at another and still be able to pour a beer be it slow or fast...

Anyway, 2c.

Taps are taps, if there is your own beer coming out, they will be awesome!

At the end of the day, its night.

3c.

The resistance of different taps will not affect anything you could notice, from what I understand...

The reason I endorse flow control is for these reasons:

1. no more coiled up beer line in my keezer - Amen!
2. I can accidentally, over carb something and still pour it
3. I can have one keg at one level and another at another and still be able to pour a beer be it slow or fast...

Anyway, 2c.

Taps are taps, if there is your own beer coming out, they will be awesome!

At the end of the day, its night.

thanks flow control sounds like not a bad idea what is the minimum lenth of beer line you use from the keg to the tap for flow control?

3c.

I have had 525ss and now have 545pc and have found the flow control more of a benefit then the tap being made from SS...

Cheers

I did the same thing, swapped five 525ss's for five 545pc's, best thing ever!

I did the same thing, swapped five 525ss's for five 545pc's, best thing ever!

I wholeheartedly agree. These 545pc taps are the sh!t. If you are lazy and want to make your kegging life a WHOLE lot easier buy them. If you want to screw around balancing a draught system, go ahead and get a tap without a flow restricter. I got mine from morebeer, one thing I did find though (and i'm not sure if anyone else has) but I also bought a couple of USA shanks as they fit much better than the spare one I had lying around off a standard brumby tap (It did fit, but wouldn't tighten up as well).

Does anybody know how I can figure out for sure if Perlick taps will fit my kegerator? The Internet seems to believe that Perlicks should fit just about any "standard" tower, but what exactly makes a tower "standard"?

Also, is it a huge pain in the arse to change the taps? Obviously I've never done it before so I'm not 100% sure what is involved. If you need an engineering degree, I might as well just stick to my random generic taps.

Does anybody know how I can figure out for sure if Perlick taps will fit my kegerator?

Do you have a standard tower? If so, then they should fit. If not, then they might not fit. :p

Does anybody know how I can figure out for sure if Perlick taps will fit my kegerator? The Internet seems to believe that Perlicks should fit just about any "standard" tower, but what exactly makes a tower "standard"?

Also, is it a huge pain in the arse to change the taps? Obviously I've never done it before so I'm not 100% sure what is involved. If you need an engineering degree, I might as well just stick to my random generic taps.

What kegerator have you got? I've got one of the keg king kegerator where craftbrewer replaces the crappy font with a better one. The Perlicks flow adj were a direct swap over. I would recommend buying a tap spanner

QldKev

Latest posts

Back