Buying New Faucets - Perlick 525ss V 545pc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackh

Reaction score
Hi all

Im upgrading my kegerator and swapping out the standard faucets for Perlicks. I'm just not sure which tap to get. I like the idea of the flow control of the 545's but it is chrome plated and I was aiming to go all stainless for longevity and thus think the 525SS's are my best option. What are people's thoughts on the two and what made you choose what you chose. I really want the best of both - a stainless Perlick flow control faucet, unfortunately they just dont make them!

I could get the flow control function from a separate flow control adaptor such as this one http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/f...ets/FCA-A.shtml

Maybe this is the best option...

Hi all

Im upgrading my kegerator and swapping out the standard faucets for Perlicks. I'm just not sure which tap to get. I like the idea of the flow control of the 545's but it is chrome plated and I was aiming to go all stainless for longevity and thus think the 525SS's are my best option. What are people's thoughts on the two and what made you choose what you chose. I really want the best of both - a stainless Perlick flow control faucet, unfortunately they just dont make them!

I could get the flow control function from a separate flow control adaptor such as this one http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/f...ets/FCA-A.shtml

Maybe this is the best option...

I did the same not long ago. I ended up going the 525ss they are a great tap and pour perfectly

Perlick will eventually produce 545ss, from memory it's not too far off either, end of the year or something like that.

if you can wait a little then shoot them an email to find out.

The faucets in your bathroom etc are chrome plated. Look at the good ones, years later, still bright and shiny.

The 545pc have to be at least the same quality, prolly better. Great taps. The polished chrome plated surface is also very easy to wipe clean. Had mine for a year or so, no complaints.

PS: go flow control either way, the line lengths are not worth the hassle.

I use short and long line .... and my 525SS's pour perfectly.

I've got a brand new one in a box with a 4" shank if you're interested (in Melb but can post) ... PM if interested

Thanks for all the input guys. Im going to go the 525ss as I don't have the patience to wait for a SS flow control to be released. Ill just upgrade if these come along.

Seemax thanks for the offer but I have a friend who is brining them back for me from the US so the 30 odd dollars I am paying would be hard to beat.

Back