Buying Grain In Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbuoy

Reaction score
Where do people buy their grain in Perth? I moved over from qld about 18mths ago and have just about expended my grain supplies.

I can't seem to find anywhere that sells grain by the sack at a reasonable price.

Are there any grain bulk buys? I had a troll through the bulk buy section but couldn't find anything.

There must be a better option then paying $6 per kilo at LHBS.

Roy at TWOC in Bibra Lake (www.homebru.com) have sharpened their pencils recently and not bad on price and selection.
My pick would be Nev at Gryphon Brewing, he's in Bayswater, bit better for Northerners.
And I hear Neil at Brewmart (up North somehwere, maybe south Geraldton) is also doing bag's of grain at good prices.

The West Coast Brewers usually offers a range of bulk buy's through out the year, timing could be a bit off for you at the moment. But we're always looking for new members. Meet in Rivervale, 2nd Monday of each month. Link should be in my signature.

Roy at TWOC in Bibra Lake (www.homebru.com) have sharpened their pencils recently and not bad on price and selection.
My pick would be Nev at Gryphon Brewing, he's in Bayswater, bit better for Northerners.
And I hear Neil at Brewmart (up North somehwere, maybe south Geraldton) is also doing bag's of grain at good prices.

The West Coast Brewers usually offers a range of bulk buy's through out the year, timing could be a bit off for you at the moment. But we're always looking for new members. Meet in Rivervale, 2nd Monday of each month. Link should be in my signature.

Brewmart is in Bayswater also.
Dead easy to get to off the Tonkin Hwy. Close the the Collier road exit. Bought my last 4 bags from here.
Prices are on par with TWOC.

I live north near Joondalup and have travelled to TWOC (worth it for the smell that hits you as you walk in the door), but this was before I looked up Brewmart, much closer to me.

I will have to try Nev's shop out soon (Gryphon). Also looks to have good deal on Metro delivery for grain. Was like $10 delivery when i looked last. Not sure how many sacks that would cover but could be an option too. However you don't get to talk sh1t with the owner then.

EDIT: looks like Nev has his grain on special atm. Timing could be perfect for you BB.

Cheers,
D80

Definitely go Nev.

Gryphon Brewing

I use TWOC when I haven't had a chance to pre-order and need something same day, but the customer service at Gryphon (i.e. beer and shit-talking) can't be beat.

Definitely go Nev.

Gryphon Brewing

I use TWOC when I haven't had a chance to pre-order and need something same day, but the customer service at Gryphon (i.e. beer and shit-talking) can't be beat.

What is the shop address?

Seems to be absent from the website, or at least not easy to find.
Can't even find Gryphon Brewing in the YP/WP.

Is this store a front, like the dodgey bakery in Weeds?

Cheers,
D80

What is the shop address?

Seems to be absent from the website, or at least not easy to find.
Can't even find Gryphon Brewing in the YP/WP.

Is this store a front, like the dodgey bakery in Weeds?

Cheers,
D80
Nev operates from his house in Bassendean.

Brewcraft in Joondalup, whilst mainly a kit and kilo based store (and generally overpriced) got me a sack of JW Pilsner malt in for $65. Saved me a journey for base malt.

Their grain selection is very limited but was told they could do sacks of what they sell (crystal, munich etc).

I am most likely going to hit up Brewmart this weekend for some spec grains, hops and yeast, I haven't been out there but definately closer than TWOC (I too am out near Joondalup).

Will also give Nev's store a crack too one day.

Nev at Gryphon is my first choice. He's 10-15% cheaper than Brewmart (which is much closer to me) on grain and a good bloke to deal with. Neil at Brewmart is a nice guy too, and to his credit, has built the business up from a K&K store to proactively order fittings/equipment/ingredients for AG brewers. So I generally support a combination of the 2 stores. When I can find the time to brew. :)

Thanks for the response guys. I checked out the Gryphon web site. Looks like what I'm after. The price on most of his stuff looks more like what I'm used to.

Are there any AG brewers in the Ellenbrook area? I'm keen to catch up with some like minded people and swap some beers.

Cheers, Beerbuoy.

I have actually just moved into an estate a few minutes from Ellenbrook on the weekend. Not much beer flowing atm but hope to brew again soon and would be happy to swap a few.

I have actually just moved into an estate a few minutes from Ellenbrook on the weekend. Not much beer flowing atm but hope to brew again soon and would be happy to swap a few.

Nice one. I'm in the process of upgrading and building a new brew rig atm so not much brewing here for a couple weeks but once its up and running I'm keen.

I've always gone to TWOC, mainly because I like poking around/wasting money in the shop

Back