Buying Bulk Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pirateagenda

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy bulk hops in 1-5kg lots?

Have tried hopco but they only sell to brewers.

I'm brewing up to 120L at a time, and buying in 100g bags from brew shops isn't really taking advantage of brewing at that scale.

Where are you if in a hop growing area could get from the farm if local variety or buy from overseas and get sent or look at sponsors and online for those who sell by the kilo.

I just bought some frae Glasgae, Crossmyloof Brew even with shipping half price as to what I could get them for here. The only reason I bothered is that Target hops seem to be hard to get here, I bought 1,350 gram.

Hoppy Days are hard to beat locally. Currently $29 for 500g of 2016 Chinook is tempting as in 5+kg purchased I've never had anything other than freshly pungent hops from Steve.

If you want to import from the US then Yakima Valley Hops are also great value if you buy enough, especially with one of their many discount codes / seasonal sales.

I just bought some frae Glasgae, Crossmyloof Brew even with shipping half price as to what I could get them for here. The only reason I bothered is that Target hops seem to be hard to get here, I bought 1,350 gram.
Got stacks of Target here.

Who says it's scarce?

A "catastrophic" fire has caused devastating damage at Ellerslie Hop, one of the largest hop growing operations in Australia. The fourth generation family business has lost its major processing equipment, sheds and the majority of its 2018 crop.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Looks like the cheapest I can find is still keg-king buying minimum 4 x 100g bags, unless I get 5kg.

Will look into yakima and see how that works out once shipping is included.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Looks like the cheapest I can find is still keg-king buying minimum 4 x 100g bags, unless I get 5kg.

Will look into yakima and see how that works out once shipping is included.

Check eBay mate. Lots of sellers with 500g purchase amounts, all types.

Glad my local is so good! Better prices than most of those, in stock and a way bigger range of malts and sold by the gram cracked to my specification...
Mark

much prefer buying from Brewman over ebay sellers. You never know if they have been stored in a fridge or if they are current crop etc. Brewman you can go and look at them in the fridge if you like.

No affiliation other than a long term happy customer!

Back