Busted Fridge, Now Fixed (cold Beer Again)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sosman

beerling
Reaction score
My serving fridge busted earlier in the week. I have been looking around at chest freezers (how 'bout one that would hold a dozen kegs for $500).

When I cleaned out the dead fridge, I thought before I chuck it I should at least find out how dead it was. I hot wired the thermostat and voila, back to life. A quick trip down to Refrigeration Parts Vic (Ringwood) for an industrial controller was all that was necessary to get it back on the road.
JohnsonControls.jpg

Man 3 days without homebrew and I am nearly a wreck - there is some crap commercial stuff out there.

what was that worth sos ? I need 3 ...... temp range??

Cheers fnqbunyip

Go the Johnson Controls thermostat.
Got one in my lager fridge and it works a treat.

Doc

I bottle about every third brew and for a while I was wondering if I should bother continuing with this homebrew n00b practice. I know there is no way Mrs PoMo would live with a keg in the kitchen fridge, but sneaking the odd bottle in is no problem. Just in case the keg fridge ever goes there is an out... the very thought of 3 days with no homebrew is horifying. Good to know one can survive a drought, anyway.

FNQ Bunyip said:
what was that worth sos ? I need 3 ...... temp range??
[post="68221"][/post]​
I paid $66 inc. If you search around there is a tobins that is apparently quite a bit cheaper.

Range is something like -20 + 30 but don't quote me.

Much sympathy and respect , to ya!

3 days is a long time. I only go that long when I'm crook.

Tell me more about the $500 freezer that'll take a dozen kegs.

in anticipation,

Seth :beer:

Back