Burner/Regulator spare parts?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordo_t

Reaction score
G'day,

I have an italian spiral burner, though seem to have split the nut that holds down the needle valve on the mini regulator just as it connects to the cast iron burner.

Haven't had any luck thus far getting replacement parts from the supplier and am keen to get brewing asap (stocks dwindling fast, been a few weeks).

Are these sort of mini regs available anywhere? I've seen other pics of italian spiral burners on these forums with same stand but using a different reg/valve, are these just a different setup from a different supplier or have people been replacing these parts.

Tried BOC in Newcastle already but they didn't have anything, are there any other places in the newcastle area that might stock something that could be used as a replacement??

1.JPG

2.JPG

G_T_G said:
G'day,

I have an italian spiral burner, though seem to have split the nut that holds down the needle valve on the mini regulator just as it connects to the cast iron burner.

Haven't had any luck thus far getting replacement parts from the supplier and am keen to get brewing asap (stocks dwindling fast, been a few weeks).

Are these sort of mini regs available anywhere? I've seen other pics of italian spiral burners on these forums with same stand but using a different reg/valve, are these just a different setup from a different supplier or have people been replacing these parts.

Tried BOC in Newcastle already but they didn't have anything, are there any other places in the newcastle area that might stock something that could be used as a replacement??

attachicon.gif
1.JPG

attachicon.gif
2.JPG
You could try a gas fitter.
If he didn't have one amongst his spare stuff he might be able to point you in the right direction.

They are called needle valves, BBQs Galore have them cheap. Take that pic with you/the part for them to see incase you get a new staff member.

Champion, thanks Kev. i'll check them out tonight.

G'day,

I have searched all over town but none seem to stocked a needle valve to suit.

However...

I ordered a Rambo Med Pressure Reg from CB to use with the Italian spiral burner (progressing towards doing double batches), do i even need the needle valve now? does anyone else just run Med Press Reg > Gas Hose > Cast Iron burner. and control all through the Regulator only?

I've not yet used the Med Pressue Reg, but the 'Increase' / 'Decrease' arrows on the hand tightener wheel seems to go in the opposite to what i'd have imagined. 'Increase' seems to wind the valve inwards/downwards (towards what was closed as it used to be using the old needle valve). and 'Decrease' appears to wind out (until completely out) and doesn't reach a point of stop.

Is anyone with one of the Rambo Med Pressure Reg's able to set me straight?

cheers

Well I've concluded that i probably should use some sort of needle valve, as I've scoured this site and cannot find anyone else using a Med Pressure Reg only. Back to searching.

Back