Bundeberg Ginger Beer Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish13

Reaction score
i was looking at these last and i was pondering

would these make suitable homebrew bottles or would they be bottle bombs?

Has anyone used them and has a bad/good experience? I dont really need them but my bottle tree is almost full now anyway but if so i may just stock up on them...

I've used them repeatedly and haven't had any explode, even in one batch which was bottled too early.

I used to bottle in these when i was 15 as i could go to the factory and they'd give them to me for free. (probably because i was a kid and i told them i wanted to make ginger beer). In those days i didn't use a hydrometer and sometimes i would bottle way to early, the caps would fly off and hit the roof, so they can take a fair bit of pressure. That was ten years ago but i very much doubt the bottles are much different these days. So ireckon you're good to go.

This is win/win for me.

SWMBO loves Bundy Rum with Bundy Ginger Beer (Dark & Stormy's) :icon_drool2:

We buy the 10 packs from Coles. She knocks them off and I get another 10 bottles.

Easy to cap, strong and hold a full 375mls.

No down side

This is win/win for me.

SWMBO loves Bundy Rum with Bundy Ginger Beer (Dark & Stormy's) :icon_drool2:

We buy the 10 packs from Coles. She knocks them off and I get another 10 bottles.

Easy to cap, strong and hold a full 375mls.

No down side

hmm double kick dark and stormy's :icon_drool2:

i love them too. was a mad bundy rum drinker

I have nothing but a theory to go on (see THIS) but reckon be wary
of the Bundy bottles - a shame, I'm pretty fond of Bundy Ginger Beer
myself.

T.

I've not used the ginger beer bottles but they are a compact size and a full 375ml.That link says they have less glass per ml but that could be a more efficient shape.A long skinny neck would presumably need more glass with little strength added.

I find they hold a little water when on my bottle tree. YMMV.

Used them for about a year with no problems. I was using carb drops at the time.
There compact size was perfect for my tiny bar fridge door.
Only gripe would be with cleaning but Fine if you rinse after use and don't let sit to get grotty. And you have to pour your beer a bit slower then other bottles not to upset the the yeasties.

How do you guys get over the capping issue?! I capped one and it wads such a tight fit that my bloody bottle cap opener just won't open em!!!! Gave up right there.

I love their size too :)

How do you guys get over the capping issue?! I capped one and it wads such a tight fit that my bloody bottle cap opener just won't open em!!!! Gave up right there.

I love their size too :)

Oh yeh forgot about that. A lighter won't work on these bottles. I had a nice sharp steel one that barmen use it worked a treat.

Back