Bulk Prime With ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax

Reaction score
I have an ESB American PA and a kit cider (Black Rock) ready for bottleing. Just wondering what you would use to bulk prime (must admit I've never bulk primed before). Both are 20ltr batches.

Wax,
In my short brewing journey so far I have used, white, raw,brown sugar and dextrose.
These days I mailny use dextrose but if thats not handy i use white sugar.

cheers

Since kegging I have really started to notice a sweetness left in primed bottles. I tried using, dextrose, dme, and sugar. My money goes to plain old sugar which seems to leave the least residual sweetnes.

with the cider i would try using honey to bulk prime it. not sure how much to use though.

190g OF DEXTROSE SHOULD BE FINE

ha, i figure i'm only throwing in enough sugar to prime. I only ever use WHITE sugar. I haven't tasted anything off......yet. Though i think it is easier to over-prime

I too have a cider I'll be bottling in a few weeks, is honey the way to go, or have people tried other things?

A bit of sweetness wont matter, as it fermented out very dry (FG: 0.998 and about 12% alcohol). Cheers to GMK for the recipie, tastes awesome out of the primary.

when i bulk prime with honey i use the same amounts as i would with sugar, mixed with a touch of boiling water.

Back