• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Bulk Order Of Grains

• Thread starter waggabrewers
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

waggabrewers

Ok Ive worked it out. I will travel to Melbourne and pick up the grains by trailer (covered)
I need a weekend away. This will cut costs.

Stu, Hoepfner Pilsner $45, ThosFawcett floor malted Maris Otter $55 per 25Kg sack

Jovial Monk

hi peter
what grains are you purchasing and have you a cost per 25kg bag to darwin.
batz would be also chasing a price/bag to the pilbara.

cheers
big d

i know daves price from adelaide so will be interested to the answer. ;)

Don't need a price to the Pilbara at this stage , I am ok for grain for a few months

But very interested in a price to the Sunshine coast Qld. after that

Batz

1/2 ya luck batz.sounds like the move is getting real close. ;)

cheers
big d

Getting there Big d
On holidays for a month as of today , bit of painting to do and then heading down Dongara way for a few weeks , love this long service leave !

will be using up some of my lsl in june/july going down to perth to sort out the house building.and to also once again imbibe in some fine w.a micro beers.may have to slip down to margaret river to check the breweries out.
think my shed wont quite be up to a $4 million set up though.but at least i own it and the future brewery going into it. ;) :D

Ok guys its cheaper for me to Try and talk my local HB shop to lower their prices. Sure I can set up my business again, I am tempted seeings how ONE STOP IN Wagga told all my old customers that "Craft Brewing Is a Waste of time"

Hense forth I no longer work there part time, so I guess it is back to the Drawing board.

So guys I have a detailed up to date price list from MALTCRAFT so you can see how much MARK UP you local HB shop is Charging you.

Whats going to kill a bulk order is the demograpghic of the delivery area, ie frieght will kill us.

So my answer is Form a Craft brewing club in your area. Use a successful club lllike Canberra Home Brew Club as a model.

Then order your supplies through a home brew shop, letting them know that if prices don stay competitive you will take your business elswhere.

This is what I told ONE STOP today. And he said "SO WHAT SEE YOU LATER"

So now we buy through BREW YOUR OWN CANBERRA.

Peter

News Flash ONE STOP has had a chang of heart, will now order for us. A little persausion helps.

Back