Bulk Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
search function dosen't appear to be working, so no idea if this has already been answered.

being new to AG & having just purchased a 2nd hand grain mill - I'm looking to buy my grain in bulk, especially my main base malt which is Maris otter.
Can you tell me the best place to order from for Brisbane & what I can expect to pay for a sack?

thanks guys...

Not sure about Maris Otter but Joe White 25kg bags sell for about $55 in Brisbane.
That was the last bag I got from Western Suburbs Brewing anyway.

Hoops

Ross, the brew shop in annerley is selling Joe White Trad Ale for $60 at the moment. I was thinking of going in on a bag with a friend, but I don't have a mill yet, so I let it pass. Brewers Choice Chapel Hill can get you lots of differents grains. Not sure of prices though.

- Snow.

Hi there Ross, I think I recognise you from BABBS but I could be wrong.

I think a few brissy brewers wanting some base malts might be able to get together and order some bulk grain in, somewhat on a co-op bases. You never know there might be enough interest to get a 25kg bag of speciality malt as well.

BrissyBrew said:
Hi there Ross, I think I recognise you from BABBS but I could be wrong.

I think a few brissy brewers wanting some base malts might be able to get together and order some bulk grain in, somewhat on a co-op bases. You never know there might be enough interest to get a 25kg bag of speciality malt as well.
[post="56809"][/post]​

Not BABBS, but Brisbane Craft Brewers (BCB) - Don't say they have a member also with my ugly mug...

I get my grains at sack rates whatever I buy & my local HBS will shortly stock just about every grain variety :D . I asked on this forum for input on grains people would like stocked & we are just about to place an order. When it happens I'll post something for them through the retail forum section re prices etc...

Back