Bulk Buy - Vacuum Sealers...interest And Info

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I thought they were still delivering stuff, even if it has no stamps.

I work with the wife of a Postie. They are definatley striking according to him. No Truck drivers today. No Posties tomorrow. More action on Thursday, but not sure what (bad photo copy).

I can't find any notice of this on the Aus Post website or the CEPU website. But my colleague has the photocopy of the note from the CEPU outlining the action.

Fastway are very good.

Must be different in NSW. Only tight arses use fastway down here as they are always slower then express post. I've waited on several occasions 3+ days for packages to travel less than 25km (hallam to moorabbin). Most victorian businesses use Couriers Please for indirect courier service (this is in my experiance only others may have differing opinions). Its usually a 2 - 4 hour service for metro to metro for about $8 and over night interstate with early AM delivery. They are owned by DHL and NZ Post and were started by NZ post.

Wow great to see they are arriving nice and fast.

I hope this talk of aus post striking is not true...I have alot of stuff travelling around the country at the moment via auspost and won't be happy if I dont get it asap. Unfortunatly wine does not like travelling...let alone in summer via aus post.

Pok

Well I saw on TV last night the posties were delivering unstamped letters for free as part of their industrial action.

Sweet I like that idea...might put some letters in the mail :p

Well I saw on TV last night the posties were delivering unstamped letters for free as part of their industrial action.

OT - Speaking to a friend how has worked for Australia Post for many years, he advised that they will always deliver mail with or without a stamp.

They may delay the delivery of unstamped mail by a day or so but it will be delivered. If there is a sender's address on the envelope they will send a bill for approx 3 times the postage cost to this person.

Cheers,

mossy

Well i dont know how it happened but EFT on a sunday and the banks claims atleast 24hrs ( i assume working days) before they pay, and i have my vac pack today

awesome!

Edit ..... now what can i find to vacpack :)

Must be different in NSW. Only tight arses use fastway down here as they are always slower then express post. I've waited on several occasions 3+ days for packages to travel less than 25km (hallam to moorabbin). Most victorian businesses use Couriers Please for indirect courier service (this is in my experiance only others may have differing opinions). Its usually a 2 - 4 hour service for metro to metro for about $8 and over night interstate with early AM delivery. They are owned by DHL and NZ Post and were started by NZ post.
Yeah I've actually heard they're not all that in Victoria. I've used them quite a few times, mostly BNE->SYD and it's always been next day without fail. On the other hand I've used express post within Sydney that has often taken more than a few days (I calculated it would have been quicker for me to walk there, pick up my items, and walk home)...

Well whaddya know -- postie dropped off a missed parcel card when I was out. Australia Post pulls through for once! Will be collecting my sealer later this afternoon :)

(PS where did the edit button on my above post go?)

Edit: also +1 to the excellent service provided by Michael. So quick!

Well whaddya know -- postie dropped off a missed parcel card when I was out. Australia Post pulls through for once! Will be collecting my sealer later this afternoon :)

(PS where did the edit button on my above post go?)

Edit: also +1 to the excellent service provided by Michael. So quick!

Fantastic to hear the are all arriving so fast.

The edit button dissappears after a set period of time....maybe 5-15 mins...im not sure how long.

Finished work, had to head down to Beerbelly to pick up my gas bottle (thanks guys, nice new aircon btw)
Got home to find a fastway card in the mail box :)
It was 5.30 so called the number on the card, even though it stated business hours only................wishful thinking
Oh well, at least I know it's here in Adelaide somewhere.
Just need to try and collect it in my busy pre-christmas schedule.

How has everyone found them so far?
Anyone tried to squash cans like the old infomercials?

Cheers again to Pok, your bargaining powers helped santa's budget.......

Simon

Finished work, had to head down to Beerbelly to pick up my gas bottle (thanks guys, nice new aircon btw)
Got home to find a fastway card in the mail box :)
It was 5.30 so called the number on the card, even though it stated business hours only................wishful thinking
Oh well, at least I know it's here in Adelaide somewhere.
Just need to try and collect it in my busy pre-christmas schedule.

How has everyone found them so far?
Anyone tried to squash cans like the old infomercials?

Cheers again to Pok, your bargaining powers helped santa's budget.......

Simon

Damn wish I asked for mine to come via courier now :( ... I asked for it to be sent Registered post because if I'm not home I can just walk across the road to get it....could be a little bit of a wait now seeing the posties are having a couple of rest days. Oh well ....I don't need to seal anything.....or do i :ph34r:

No problem mate. Any time. At this rate poor Santa might be out of a job soon...

I wouldnt stress Pok theres still over a week before christmas

Can I order:

1x Large polo Navy please!

Cheers!

Sorry mate orders closed for those on saturday night....you really need to keep up to date...F@#king hell

I hear there are some imported hops going cheap on here tho :p

*******!!

Pok my two plus bags arrived today. Well packed. Very good service from Michael!

Thanks for organising!

Back