Quantcast

Bulk Buy Thread

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

PhilS

Reaction score
Hello Admins & Mods,

I know this has been suggested in previous threads, but what is the possibility of a seperate forum for Bulk buys? :beer:

This would be much easier for all of us to keep track of in the one forum & see at a glance what goodies are available. With the amount of bulk buys of late, would this be a feasible idea? :ph34r:

Regards,
Phil

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea.
Will look into getting it organised.

Beers,
Doc

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Sounds good to me too - it's very easy to miss a bulk purchase & would be good to be able to look back on them for future reference with ease... :beer:

dane

Reaction score
Good idea. Forum added.

I actually own bulkbuy.com.au it was a bit of a business venture that I was going to start and never got around to it. But a site dedicated to purely organising and monitoring all types of bulk buys.

Anyway the slightly smaller scale AHB Bulk Buy forum is now open for business!

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Wow, how good is that. Come back from giving my son a bath and it is all done. Top work Dane.

Should we move the existing Bulk Buy topics into it so we can find them in the future ?

Beers,
Doc

Thunderlips

Reaction score
I love bulk buys.
The most recent I was in involved about 300 of us buying a Dell 24" widescreen monitor.
We saved $500 each :)

PeterS

Reaction score
dane said:
Good idea. Forum added.

I actually own bulkbuy.com.au it was a bit of a business venture that I was going to start and never got around to it. But a site dedicated to purely organising and monitoring all types of bulk buys.

Anyway the slightly smaller scale AHB Bulk Buy forum is now open for business!
[post="77655"][/post]​
Thanks Dane and others who brought this up and supported it. I too welcome this, as now I can subscribe to this new forum if I have an interest in "Bulk buying" and monitor its progress without missing out like I did before. Having said that, I have to say that it took me sometime to wake up why I am missing out on certain threads in the first place even though I checked in almost every day.. The answer is unfamililarity (?sp) with the program.

Typically, I sign in automatically and check what is in the new threads. The problem with this is that with the size of our membership there are more than the 15 or so new threads that are shown on the screen and the older ones are pushed off the screen. It took me sometimes to realise this before I learned that another way to look at this forum is to select "My Assistant" and read all new thread in all topics since I logged in last time. After reading what I wanted to read, I than marked all forums read. I than realised that I could actually just select a topic that I am interested in from all the available forums and subscribe to it. This than will notify me via email that there is anew topic reply etc in my sphere of interest.

I am sorry if I am taking too much time in explaining this, but I suppose the bottom line is that we need to learn how to work this board the best way that suits us. What I like about it is the flexibility to choose. And, there lies the problem. Until you learn how it might serve you best, you are likely to miss out on something...

I hope that some newcomers to this forum will actually read (I didn't) the sticky notes and other helpfull information that is attached to this forum and learn to know how best it might serve you.

In conclusion, I thank those who look after the running of this Forum. I believe it is the best Beer Related Forum in Austaralia as it looks after the interest of the beginner Homebrewer to the more experianced so called Craftbrewer alike..

Bulk buy, bulk buy, rar rar rar...
:beer:
PeterS.....

dane

Reaction score
Thunderlips said:
I love bulk buys.
The most recent I was in involved about 300 of us buying a Dell 24" widescreen monitor.
We saved $500 each :)
[post="77658"][/post]​
Hahha yeah Thunderlips - I was in that one on Whirlpool as well - i love my 24" WS monitor - working on it now. Thats what gave me the idea and why i registered the domain. Just never got around to setting something up for it.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
Excellent idea.
Thanks dane for doing that so quickly.

cheers
johnno

PhilS

Reaction score
Top notch, thanks very much Dane.

Although it was another member's idea :)

pint of lager

brewing on the verandah
Reaction score
Peter Shane was commenting on how to make sure you don't miss any new posts before they scroll out of the active box.

I click on the "View all new Posts...." link at the bottom of the latest threads box. This gives you all the new posts since your last visit to the site. Clicking on threads and then using the back function means you can quickly look through recent active threads.

There are lots of different ways to use the board.

Go the bulk buys!

Latest posts