Quantcast

Bulk Buy Hops (qld)

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Ross

CraftBrewer
Joined
14/1/05
Messages
9,262
Reaction score
370
Ok guys/gals

I'm about to order some hops, I mainly want American hops, but wouldn't mind some others as well. All hops marked with an X are available in 1 kg packs, so these are the most likely to work for a small bulk buy.
To keep things simple & costs down I want to limit this to the people coming to the Brizzy xmas case swap, or for collection only.
Please let me know your interest in 250gm, 500gm, 1 kg lots of any hops listed. We'll then shortlist the viable hops & get an order together for collection on 3rd Dec...

View attachment HB_Hop_Price_List_NOV_05.xls

Cheers Ross...
 

Jye

Hop Junky
Joined
9/5/05
Messages
3,190
Reaction score
7
Im in Ross :)

400g Cluster
400g Cascade
400g Horizon
400g Willamette
400g Liberty
400g Simcoe
400g Callenger
200g Warrior or Magnum

Will you be getting all pellets or plugs where available? I take it the price listed is per kg?

Cheers
 

Ross

CraftBrewer
Joined
14/1/05
Messages
9,262
Reaction score
370
Jye said:
Im in Ross :)

400g Cluster
400g Cascade
400g Horizon
400g Willamette
400g Liberty
400g Simcoe
400g Callenger
200g Warrior or Magnum

Will you be getting all pellets or plugs where available? I take it the price listed is per kg?

Cheers
[post="87637"][/post]​
Jye - BEHAVE :D - 250gm increments please - let's keep it simple...

Pellets/plugs, list your preference if both available & we'll confirm once we have some numbers...
 

Jye

Hop Junky
Joined
9/5/05
Messages
3,190
Reaction score
7
Sorry :p should have read your post a bit harder, just got a little to excited :lol:

500g Cluster
500g Cascade
500g Horizon
500g Willamette
500g Liberty
500g Simcoe
500g Callenger
250g Warrior or Magnum

All pellets and are those prices per kg or 5kg, if they are per 5kg I will be upping the order.
 

Ross

CraftBrewer
Joined
14/1/05
Messages
9,262
Reaction score
370
Jye said:
All pellets and are those prices per kg or 5kg, if they are per 5kg I will be upping the order.
[post="87643"][/post]​
5kg!!! Tell him he's dreamin :D - They are per kilo...
 

Jye

Hop Junky
Joined
9/5/05
Messages
3,190
Reaction score
7
Thought it was too good :D
 

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Joined
12/3/04
Messages
4,149
Reaction score
306
Ross,

I would be happy to get:
500g Northdown plugs
500g EKG plugs
500g Fuggles plugs
500g POR flowers if possible

Cheers
Andrew
 

Darren

Beer Dog
Joined
11/5/04
Messages
3,549
Reaction score
6
Guys,
Mkae sure you check the year of produce on the hops (no i didn't open the file) Sometimes the cheap hops can be upto two years old. Best to pay a bit more for fresh ones.
cheers
Darren
 

Ross

CraftBrewer
Joined
14/1/05
Messages
9,262
Reaction score
370
Darren said:
Guys,
Mkae sure you check the year of produce on the hops (no i didn't open the file) Sometimes the cheap hops can be upto two years old. Best to pay a bit more for fresh ones.
cheers
Darren
[post="87652"][/post]​
Jeez Darren, negative posts without even being bothered to read the file first :blink: ... They are not "cheap" hops & are all dated... :D
 

MAH

Well-Known Member
Joined
17/3/04
Messages
900
Reaction score
2
Hi Darren

Only the Australian and New Zealand hops are from the 2005 crop, the USA, UK and European hops are from the 2004 crop. I have no idea when the 2005 crops for these regions will start to flow through to us. Anyone have more information on this?

Ross and other Brissy bulk buyers, at the end of the day you can only buy what someone is selling, and if you really want Spalt for example, then you have no other choice to get the 2004 harvest, so don't worry.

Cheers
MAH
 

Ross

CraftBrewer
Joined
14/1/05
Messages
9,262
Reaction score
370
2005 hops from USA/UK will start to flow through next year - I'm more than happy buying the current hop stocks & hopco's quality is excellent... :D
 

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Joined
12/3/04
Messages
4,149
Reaction score
306
Hopco's quality is excellent :) , The list clearly shows the dates on all hops. Darren, no offence intended but you really need to get your facts straight before posting negative comments, it's not fair to the original poster and is not constructive at all <_< .

Cheers
Andrew
 

Bilph

Well-Known Member
Joined
26/1/05
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
MAH said:
Hi Darren

Only the Australian and New Zealand hops are from the 2005 crop, the USA, UK and European hops are from the 2004 crop. I have no idea when the 2005 crops for these regions will start to flow through to us. Anyone have more information on this?

Ross and other Brissy bulk buyers, at the end of the day you can only buy what someone is selling, and if you really want Spalt for example, then you have no other choice to get the 2004 harvest, so don't worry.

Cheers
MAH
[post="87655"][/post]​
Northern hemisphere harvest is usually September.
We get those stocks around Jan/Feb, hence the currently availability of Amarillo around that time.
 

PeterS

Well-Known Member
Joined
8/3/05
Messages
324
Reaction score
0
As a starter, I would like:

250gm Centennial
500gm EKG
250gm Northern Brewer
500gm Perle
250gm Cascade
250gm Chinook

Pellets or plugs OK.

Thanks Ross.

PeterS....
 

jimmyjack

Well-Known Member
Joined
10/4/04
Messages
607
Reaction score
15
Rosco, put me down for pellets, I know Amarillo is sold out but all we can do is keep trying

Cascade 250g
Chinook 250g
Simcoe 250
Amarillo 250
North Down 250
Saaz 250
Hallertau 250


I would prefer smaller measurements but if 250g is the smallest let it be. I will collect earlier than dec 3 (to ease your wallet)

thx JJ
 

Darren

Beer Dog
Joined
11/5/04
Messages
3,549
Reaction score
6
What a touchy bunch you guys are! I don't give a rats donger if you perceive my posts as negative. Just trying to point out that ordering 2 kilo of hops (most of which are ALREADY a year old) could be a false economy.
I bet you throw half of them out because they are cheezy before you finish them. I know because I have done the same myself.
FWIW, splitting bags of hops is a bad idea too. They stay fresher in the original foil they came in as they get less oxygen exposure from opening and removing them.
guess you guys know better though so I will shut-up
 

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Joined
12/10/04
Messages
1,865
Reaction score
26
I'll be in ross hwoever not 100% sure on what I want yet.. will get back to you ASAP.
 

Ross

CraftBrewer
Joined
14/1/05
Messages
9,262
Reaction score
370
Darren said:
What a touchy bunch you guys are! I don't give a rats donger if you perceive my posts as negative. Just trying to point out that ordering 2 kilo of hops (most of which are ALREADY a year old) could be a false economy.
I bet you throw half of them out because they are cheezy before you finish them. I know because I have done the same myself.
FWIW, splitting bags of hops is a bad idea too. They stay fresher in the original foil they came in as they get less oxygen exposure from opening and removing them.
guess you guys know better though so I will shut-up
[post="87685"][/post]​
Darren, for someone who doesn't give a "rats donger" you certainly like to put your oar in...

The hops are as fresh as you're going to get, unless you only want to wait & order new hops as soon as there released & then only brew for 3 months a year & chuck the rest out!!! Is that what you do??

Splitting bags is a fact of life unless you want to order 1 to 5 kg packs for yourself & be prepared to chuck half out if you don't use them - Get real for once, hey!!

These hops will be fresher & better kept than probably any hbs will supply you off their shelves & at a fraction of the cost to boot...

I would suggest that everyone in the xmas case swap has a knowledge of hop storage & have gained nothing from your comments. Critisism just for the sake of it is not a pleasent trait - Try offering something constructive, a better alternative maybe...
 

Darren

Beer Dog
Joined
11/5/04
Messages
3,549
Reaction score
6
Ross said:
Darren said:
What a touchy bunch you guys are! I don't give a rats donger if you perceive my posts as negative. Just trying to point out that ordering 2 kilo of hops (most of which are ALREADY a year old) could be a false economy.
I bet you throw half of them out because they are cheezy before you finish them. I know because I have done the same myself.
FWIW, splitting bags of hops is a bad idea too. They stay fresher in the original foil they came in as they get less oxygen exposure from opening and removing them.
guess you guys know better though so I will shut-up
[post="87685"][/post]​
Darren, for someone who doesn't give a "rats donger" you certainly like to put your oar in...

The hops are as fresh as you're going to get, unless you only want to wait & order new hops as soon as there released & then only brew for 3 months a year & chuck the rest out!!! Is that what you do??

Splitting bags is a fact of life unless you want to order 1 to 5 kg packs for yourself & be prepared to chuck half out if you don't use them - Get real for once, hey!!

These hops will be fresher & better kept than probably any hbs will supply you off their shelves & at a fraction of the cost to boot...

I would suggest that everyone in the xmas case swap has a knowledge of hop storage & have gained nothing from your comments. Critisism just for the sake of it is not a pleasent trait - Try offering something constructive, a better alternative maybe...
[post="87696"][/post]​

Yes Ross, I buy a whole kilo of hops as soon as they arrive in the country. Puts me one year fresher than last years crop. I also get to keep the original foil bag they came in. It is constructive comment no? Maybe you guys could get your act together and buy them when they are fresh! Only buy Aussie/NZ hops now, Euro hops when they get here!

I dis-agree that hops from HB shop will not be fresh. Their turnover is high. If in doubt look and smell them.
Not fresh don't buy them! Grumpies hops are always fresher than mine. I agree that the savings is good but not if you throw half of them away.
There are negatives to every situation. An understanding or awareness of those negatives helps to make better beer.
cheers
Darren
 

nonicman

Slack Brewery
Joined
20/7/04
Messages
845
Reaction score
1
Excellent timing Ross.

I'm in for:

NZ Hallertau Organic pellets 500g
NZ Fuggles pellets 1kg
NZ Cascade pellets 500g
East Kent Goldings 1kg Plugs preferred

Happy to vary order to make it fit in with others.
 

Latest posts

Top