Bulk Buy- Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golani51

Reaction score
Hi all:

I am looking at purchasing a monster mill most likely this coming week. Is anyone interested in purchasing one as well to cut down on shipping costs?

R

Hi all:

I am looking at purchasing a monster mill most likely this coming week. Is anyone interested in purchasing one as well to cut down on shipping costs?

R

Sorry missed this earlier - I may be interested, let me know the details.

Yeah I like the look of the MM-2, and depending how it effects postage - possibly the hopper too(no base).

According to the website, they can ship 2 mills for the same price as one @ ~$45, so splitting the shipping you save a little over $20.

I'm looking to order this week so if anyone is interested let me know.

According to the website, they can ship 2 mills for the same price as one @ ~$45, so splitting the shipping you save a little over $20.

I'm looking to order this week so if anyone is interested let me know.

Sorry mate:

Got distracted by life. I'll take one.

Just so you know; the mail-handling can get a little rough between downunder and the USA.
My MM2-2.0 arrived 3 weeks ago with a bent screw.

I emailed MM with pics showing the damage to the box . . . . they said another screw would be sent out; meanwhile nothing has arrived.

(I would have thought sending one out by airmail would have been simple customer service ~ I'm getting jack of waiting).

box_damage.JPG :(

You should be able to source a grub screw locally that will suit if your desperate. They have them at Bunnings but am not sure if they suit the thread? I've read somewhere that it's advisable to replace those screws with proper grub screws anyway to prevent them working loose and allowing your mill gap to change.

Bunnings has screw that will fit .. can't recall the size 3/8" or 7/16" maybe..

Airmail with UPS or Fedex is insanely expensive... they probably sent it by USPS flat rate in which case it could be a decent wait !

Yep I can undoubtedly get another screw myself (they did email the thread type and size); its just I thought 3 weeks would have been long enough. I haven't been to the USA . . . . . you mean to say it's "not possible" to put a screw in an envelope and put an airmail stamp on it?
If so; what a country :wacko:

In actuality, I tried to send stuff by sea through USPS and they do not do it. Everything is airmail - they're just really slow to send it out unless you pay for expedited shipping.

Bunnings has screw that will fit ..
Yep; I paid $8 for a pack of 5 screws at Bunnings.
Kind of eats away at any savings I had dealing directly with the supplier. :angry:
If I ever get a free screw out of them I'll let everyone know (that's the Aussie tradition isn't it)

Back