Bulk Buy App

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moad

Reaction score
instead of using a spreadsheet would there be any interest in a bulk buy app?

I’m thinking some initial features:

- post up a bulk buy in the app and it gives a B.B. id
- post the Id on the forum, people then register interest through the app
- as details and pricing emerge participants are notified with push notifications and email
- participants can opt out or confirm their interest once details are finalised
- once numbers are reached the B.B. creator is notified
- potentially include payments at this point
- status and numbers interested/paid are visible from the B.B. overview
- creator can update status to paid and notifications go out
- notification when goods arrive
- could include a map with locations of participants to make pickup and transport easy to coordinate
- include location and times for pick up, include messaging system to coordinate logistics
- mark off participant as collected

Thoughts?

what if the party that is running the BB is not that familar with APPS then you need a APP writer for google/apple..

it should simple enough that anyone can use it. That’s a design issue, most people I imagine would have a smart phone. Could add a web interface as well I guess.

I have a developer who works for beer

I wouldn't download an app just to participate in a bulk buy. I'd use it twice a year max.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have enough crap on my phone that I never use. If you gave me the option of using an app or adding details to a Google Sheet, Sheet wins every time because adding to a sheet requires less effort than an downloading an app.

What if it was a webpage? It needs to be as simple as possible for participants, this is really to make the admin side easy.

Good point though it’s not really something that happens very often is it

Edit: maybe I’m trying to solve a problem that doesn’t exist. Would be good to hear from people who have run a bb

Sounds like a good idea. The notifications part will help people who might otherwise forget and potentially boost numbers. Some people don't like apps, but the majority of the world does. If it's ubiquitous enough then you only need the one app to download.

Of you provide the ability to search and connect with other bb's on the app that also helps people find forums and the like they didn't knew about.

Don't like apps, don't have any. have a phone, it's not smart and spends a lot of time on the kitchen bench at home or switched off, only use computers at work.

I wish there were no machines, and everyone led a pastoral existence, trees and flowers don't deliberately cool you out and go beep in your ear.

I actually work for an app dev. company (sort of). If there is a decent amount of interest I would happily help scope out some ideas and see how much work something would take to get built (on all platforms).
I was thinking about something similar not to long ago, possibly including some sort case and ingredient swap based on location but the biggest issue for home brewers (and even craft brewing) seems to be that a large proportion a real tight arses with a "why would I pay for something when I can get it for free" attitude but it could be possible to do a finder fee based model to recover running costs.
Feel free to send me a PM if your serious.

I have organised bulk buys on this site. To be honest, an app would just make it soooo much more difficult. The spreadsheet is easy to use. Keep it simple..please

Latest posts

Back