Bulk Buy: 240v Food Grade Magnetic Drive Pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfy

Reaction score
In the 'Yet Another 12v Pump' thread a number of people expressed interest in a direct import/Bulk Buy for one of these pumps.

Product:
240V Food Grade Magnetic Drive Pump, direct import from China.
See following pages for product informaiton/specifications:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/59582693...food_grade.html
http://www.xmyoume.com/index.php?c=msg&id=292&

Model ( R ) has barb/push fittings, ( RM ) has threadded fittings.
240V pumps supplied with bare cable (no plug).
(Technically: 220v 50/60Hz, Current:85/120mA, Speed rate:2600/3000 r/min)

Expected Bulk Buy Cost:
Model: MP-15R / MP-15RM
Price: USD$48.00 ea

Model: MP-20R / MP-20RM
Price: USD$53.00 ea

Plus air freight to Australia cost: USD$25ea if 5 are ordered, USD$14ea if 10/12 are ordered.
(Exact shipping depends on number/model ordered, MP-15 is smaller/cheaper to ship.)
Pickup available in (SE Suburbs) Melbourne, or add $11.40 for 3kg Australia Post Post-pack (inc tracking/insurance).

Exact price depends on (PayPal) AU$/US$ and how many pumps are ordered.
A mix of different models can be ordered (indicate preference with order).

Assuming 10/12 pumps are ordered, they should cost about $60-70 each, participating in the Bulk Buy should save about $30-40 compared to individual International freight (of $56 ea).

Terms/Details:
In order to assess the suitability of the product for your needs:
  • Read the pump specifications (linked above).
  • Read the 'Yet Another 12v Pump' thread.
  • Take note of my post here.
  • View pump pictures and housing material technical data sheet (below).
Pumps will be ordered from China, via the vendor/distributor indicated above.
Payment (to me) via PayPal (details sent with order confirmation) then via PayPal from me to vendor.
Bulk shipment sent from vendor to me, then distributed to Bulk Buy participants.
I am not a vendor/importer/retailer, just a person direct buying and on-shipping to save money.
I make no claim as to product suitability, cannot offer any warranty, returns, product support or the like - all informaiton I know is provided here.
Since the pumps arrive with no plug, there is not even any way I can test them before distributing them to the Bulk Buy participants.
(Contact vendor and/or order directly and/or do not participate in Bulk Buy if this is an issue).

Bulk Buy will be limited to around 10-12 units

Add your name to the list (include pump model) if you would like to participate in the Bulk Buy.

Housing material technical data sheet:
TechnicalData.jpg

MP-15RM:
MP-15RM.jpg

MP-15R
MP-15R.jpg

MP-20RM:
MP-20RM.jpg

Count me in for one.

Wolfy: 1x MP-15RM
jonsey32: 1x MP-15RM

YippieKayYay: 1 x MP-15R
I like beer: 1x MP-15RM

Beerdrinkingbob 1 x MP-20rm

Hi Wolfy,
I dont wish to be a pain in the arse, but do you know or could you find out if the different in the flow rates between the 15 and the 20 is purely the internal diameter of the inlet and outlet ports, or if the internals of the pump itself are different, e.g. size of pump head/impeller.

Also, the RM style with the thread, is it the same thread style as used with cam-lock fittings (BSP)

Cheers,
Shaun...

The MP-20RM in the pic above is a 110v, I assume they have a 220v version?

@shaunous, I suggest you send them an email and ask yourself - that way you'll be able to explain exactly what you want to know.

@QldKev, yes I asked that myself and the reply: "The pumps are only with bare-wire connection. and the volt is 220v 50/60Hz"

I dont wish to be a pain in the arse, but do you know or could you find out if the different in the flow rates between the 15 and the 20 is purely the internal diameter of the inlet and outlet ports, or if the internals of the pump itself are different, e.g. size of pump head/impeller.

The 20 has a higher max head height aswell, so i'd assume that the internals are different.

looking over the specs, these are rated for continuous use, look like a good buy. *starting negotiations with the minister for everything*

AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM

AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM
ArnieW: 1x MP-15RM

thanks Wolfy, cheers :beer:

looking over the specs, these are rated for continuous use, look like a good buy. *starting negotiations with the minister for everything*
As per the quote in the other thread:
"handle hot liquid under 85 celcis then continue working 24 hours."
I assume that means that they are rated for continuous use if the temp is under 85C.

AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM
Ratchie 1x MP-20RM

AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM
Ratchie 1x MP-20RM
Gobern 1x MP -15RM

and cheaper per unit, wtf? <_<
Will have to do the 'is it food grade', 'does it work at 100degC', 'whats it made of' ... all over again. ;)
(And they can't even spell Magnetic, so that listing is impossible to find with a search).

Back