Bulk Buy 12" Pulley For Millmaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
top job byb,i will be back in lincoln by the weekend just in time to spend the weekend playing with the new addition...cheers....spog......

Recieved my pulley this morning but I'm waiting for a replacement mill from Ross so can't see how she fits. Looks good though. Thanks BYB , well done mate! :D

Recieved my pulley this morning but I'm waiting for a replacement mill from Ross so can't see how she fits. Looks good though. Thanks BYB , well done mate! :D

To all, don't forget you will need some 4mm key steel as well. I bought a 12" length for $6. Only needed around 2cm though. Plenty of spare now.

BYB

To all, don't forget you will need some 4mm key steel as well. I bought a 12" length for $6. Only needed around 2cm though. Plenty of spare now.

BYB

Here is a pic of my Pulley fitted to the mill. Had a couple of brewers enquire about, "what do you mean keyway" I found when fitting the key steel that it was a very tight fit. More so the provision on the mill. A a small amount of emery cloth rub on the key steel fixed the problem. It is still a very tight fit but that is what I want.

Cheers
BYB

IMGP2484.JPG

Cheers BYB. Received mine today.
Just one more reason to repay the favour and kick off my own BB one day.......

Stubbie

Picking up mine from Ross on Saturday.

Still need to persuade the handle off my mill so I can fit the pulley.

Any suggestions on removing a keyway that's a bit fatter at one end from being bashed in due to the tight fit? Possibly a thin punch from the other end and some more persuading?

I thought my mill came with keysteel... or maybe that came with the handle. Either way, same thing, had to sand it down to fit in the mill's shaft keyway.

Picking up mine from Ross on Saturday.

Still need to persuade the handle off my mill so I can fit the pulley.

Any suggestions on removing a keyway that's a bit fatter at one end from being bashed in due to the tight fit? Possibly a thin punch from the other end and some more persuading?

You most likely may have to use a gear puller to get the handle off. When I rammed / banged my key steel in I actually placed one end of a bolt on the key steel to prevent the key being damaged and then hit the bolt with a hammer. worked fine.

BYB

I'd forgotten all about this...... Too busy with work and other (non brewing) crap.

Just received mine :D

Thanks for a well organised BB and fast delivery BYB :beer: I'm looking forward to getting my mill up and working withough raising a sweat!

Cheers,

Morrie

Turned up here today as well. Thanks BYB, I'll bring you a bottle of something good if you make it to the case swap.

Good to see that the Aussie Post snail mail system is not to slow. Posted all pullleys Monday lunchtime. The postal bird behind the counter was not entirely excited when I plonked 17 pulley's on the counter.

Cheers
Andy....

got mine and redbeard's a couple of days ago but havent posted. between that and the grain guard i got for it im going to have fun when i get back from my trip.

Mine turned up today - thanks for organising the BB

Cheers
Korev

just got a chance to fit it to the mill, very impressed.
I was half expecting it to need doctoring up somehow,.

Thanks again BYB, top job.

I'm just making a belt guard which is looking tidy IMHO,
sorta like whats pictured below.
I'll post a pic/ measurements when I'm done

v_belt_02.jpg
v_belt_03.jpg

Cheers BYB. Received mine yesterday.
Forgot what dates you'll be up here on the coast but let me know and we'll catch up for a drink.

Received my pulley wheel today....takes a while to get to a small country town!

Champion effort BYB....Legend!

I forgot mate, if your ever in my neck of the woods, i'll show you some of my favorite wines from down here

Thanks BYB - the pulley is perfect,

Finally got mine fired up the other day...Test run was very successful.

Just needs a proper keyway and it's done...

Thanks must also go to Browndog for the motor and Sully for orgainsing the gear guard.

My new baby:
IMG_1010__Large_.jpg

PB

Attachments

• IMG_1011__Large_.jpg
    IMG_1011__Large_.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 20
Back