Bulk Buy 12" Pulley For Millmaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back Yard Brewer

I HAVE A WIFE THAT UNDERSTANDS
Reaction score
I am in the same boat as a lot of other brewers in regards to needing a pulley for my Millmaster. With this in mind and after reading various threads I rang Luke at Australian Pulley Company. As has been stated in another thread they cast once a month or so. Unfortunately I missed the boat this time. I can either pay around $100 for a one off or wait around a month or more for the next run. My other option is to place a minimum order for 20! Are there any interested brewers out there? I am looking at a 12" pulley with the standard 12mm x 4mm centre.

For what it is worth I am running a 910rpm motor coupled with a 3" pulley. If I run the 12" pulley on my Millmaster I should get a reduction of somewhere between 200 and 250rpm.

The pulley would be $45 + postage.

BYB

Possibly. No plans to (properly) motorise mine any time soon but it is on the to do list. Long list.

I am in the same boat as a lot of other brewers in regards to needing a pulley for my Millmaster. With this in mind and after reading various threads I rang Luke at Australian Pulley Company. As has been stated in another thread they cast once a month or so. Unfortunately I missed the boat this time. I can either pay around $100 for a one off or wait around a month or more for the next run. My other option is to place a minimum order for 20! Are there any interested brewers out there? I am looking at a 12" pulley with the standard 12mm x 4mm centre.

For what it is worth I am running a 910rpm motor coupled with a 3" pulley. If I run the 12" pulley on my Millmaster I should get a reduction of somewhere between 200 and 250rpm.

The pulley would be $45 + postage.

BYB

i thought you will be needing a reduction so that the mill runs at between 200 - 300rpm??

i thought you will be needing a reduction so that the mill runs at between 200 - 300rpm??

I steered to the lower side of the RPM. No particular reason but for the fact I wanted to. I reckon an 11" would have given me around 250 RPM.

Possibly but i need a motor as well ...

I had a .37kw motor at 910rpm with a 3" pulley delivered to my front door today by Fastway for $123. Delivered to the Barossa from an Adelaide based company.

BYB

count me in,hoping we get the 20 required,$45.00 plus postage is a goer,anyone even remotely interested jump in and make up the numbers,i dare you.........cheers.........spog...

12" Pulley for Millmaster 20 minimum order

Back Yard Brewer
Spog

12" Pulley for Millmaster 20 minimum order

Back Yard Brewer
Spog
geoff_tewierik
jlm

One less thing to think about when I finally get around to doing it.

Not for me I am setting up mine with a direct drive motor via a gear box.I think the whole wheel thing is going to be too dangerous particularly when mine gets used so often.Dont forget a good safety guard.Good luck.
GB

Luke at APC is the go!

And as Gryphon pointed out, especially for insurance coverage purposes a belt drive guard is required or your claims will be invalidated. And no long-haired freaky deaky people leaning over your running motor wanting to see how it works :) And no loose clothing or dangling jewelry either so SWMBO can go back inside the house where she belongs :ph34r:

That said I've seen many a LHBS without one and mine currently still has not but then I'm still building my Grain Master 5000 Work Bench which has plans for one as long as I can sort out a modular one as I have a non-standard milling setup :p

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Fantastic timimg BYB! Have just ordered my motor, which will hopefully arrive in the next few days, so I was just about to start sourcing a pulley :D Count me in for sure

Back Yard Brewer
Spog
geoff_tewierik
jlm
Pumpy
Morrie

Edit - Pumpy - I added your +1 to the list, but if you were +1'ing to something else then just remove it.

Back Yard Brewer
Spog
geoff_tewierik
jlm
Pumpy
Morrie
Skippy

I will take one - making the assumption that they will be keyed...

I will take one - making the assumption that they will be keyed...

I am led to believe they will be keyed. 12mm bore x 4mm key

BYB

Back Yard Brewer
Spog
geoff_tewierik
jlm
Pumpy
Morrie
Skippy
GMK

Back Yard Brewer
Spog