Bulk 44 Gallon Drum Malt Extract - Where Can I Buy One In Wa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew9242

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone know's wher i could buy a 44 Gallon drum of malt.

Cheers

Maybe ask someone at your nearest U-Brew-It. Only place I've seen with bulk liquid malt.

Sorry for my stupidity but what is a BOP

Brew On Premises (U-Brew-It, Billabong, etc).

I'd imagine most homebrew shops would be able to do it as a special order from the distributor too. It's not something they carry in stock though. Only shop I can think of that might is WestBrew?

Brew On Premises (U-Brew-It, Billabong, etc).

I'd imagine most homebrew shops would be able to do it as a special order from the distributor too.

Well they can only get 8 in at a time from coopers, but we only need 2. So i was just checking to see if anyonw here knew where to get 1.

Be better off getting a 25kg pail, fairly cheap from memory, about $125..

:icon_cheers: CB

Yea might look into that aswell.

What size batches do you brew?

If the extract isn't going to be used within a few months, you may be better off buying 25kg pails as mentioned. Most the HB shops stock them, or can get them in one at a time. I guess if you're brewing a few hL at a time though it's not a problem.

Last thing you want to do is get half way through the drum and have stale extract.

Drew,
That my friend is a shit load of beer! :beerbang:
I have absolutely no idea where you can get that quantity but maybe some contract breweries might be able to help as well?

Don't know what you have in WA (Edit: Or wherever you are, where did I pick up WA? :S EditTwo: Oh, the topic title you dolt.), but bakers and confectioners go through a shirt-load of malt extract, and I'm pretty sure most of it comes from Coopers. If you know someone in the business they might be able to assist, but I certainly agree with those suggesting pails. Off malt extract = shite beer, it's one of the contributing factors to the "homebrew twang".

I get 20kg bags of dried LME at brewcraft osbourne park for $90. Joondalup should have them too. If you find a better source let me know.. :D

There is also one in bayswater that I have bought from before, but I cant remeber if its cheaper.

Latest posts

Back