Building stuff in the shed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
Just bought a new Luxury apartment..ie...A shed with attached house

Shed came with A LOT of wood...so been building stuff

Just waiting for the castors

2017-12-11 17.16.44.jpg
2017-12-11 17.17.17.jpg
2017-12-11 17.19.01.jpg
2017-12-11 18.31.39.jpg
2017-12-11 18.31.52.jpg
2017-12-11 18.43.28.jpg
2017-12-11 18.43.46.jpg
2017-12-11 18.44.09.jpg
2017-12-11 19.40.47.jpg

I love building shit in the shed. My shed is in no way as clean and neat as your yours though... At the moment I’m restoring an old HZ ute in there. Built a shelf unit to hold camping gear and mead/wine making shit, keg pot bellies, racks to hold mine and my kids longboards, fishing rod holders etc. Built a bar to put in my shed as I built the shed to be my Bar/poolroom but we ended up running a camper trailer business out of the shed so the bar had to leave. Now there’s the ute in there so zero room for pool table or the bar let alone both!! I’ve just started “teaching myself” (read: burning holes!!) how to weld. I’ll be doing most of the rust repairs on the Z myself. For some unknown reason I don’t have any pics of any of it on my phone.

Building a new TV cabinet in my shed (my wife still insists on calling the structure a garage but it hasn't had a car in it for 10 years).

Cutting some long mortises in the legs for the side panels to slot into. Cutting out most of it with the drill press then squaring up the edges with a chisel.

IMG-20171210-WA0011.jpeg
IMG-20171210-WA0013.jpeg
IMG-20171210-WA0009.jpeg

I could do it on the router (if you look closely, the bench I am using there is actually my router table), and I do cut most mortises that way. These long ones though are too long for my mortising jig so I decided to do them by hand.

And besides, cutting nice timber with a really, REALLY sharp chisel is very relaxing.

Yeah... I've been investing heavily in push sticks and feather boards recently because I like my fingers attached to my hands.

It still amazes me how many sheds come with a house attached.

If they marketed sheds better, they would sell a lot more houses

Instead of pointing out the fabulous bathroom and awesome kitchen...they should just say " has ******* great big shed in the back, with power, lights, work bench and shitloads of shelving"...they would sell a lot more houses that way ...of course women dont see at that way, but we all know they are weird like that

The council made me get rid of my 10 year old shed.
Given it was a temporary shed ( 14m X 9m and 4.5m high) built out of gal pipe and a tarp for walls and roof that was only supposed to be there for a year I can't complain too much.

The council made me get rid of my 10 year old shed.
Given it was a temporary shed ( 14m X 9m and 4.5m high) built out of gal pipe and a tarp for walls and roof that was only supposed to be there for a year I can't complain too much.

Funny how the council tends to have different views on things

If they marketed sheds better, they would sell a lot more houses

Instead of pointing out the fabulous bathroom and awesome kitchen...they should just say " has ******* great big shed in the back, with power, lights, work bench and shitloads of shelving"...they would sell a lot more houses that way ...of course women dont see at that way, but we all know they are weird like that

It’s why I bought my 4 car garage, came with a 5 bedroom house as a bonus!

Latest posts

Back