Building A Dedicated Brew Room

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmacdonald

Reaction score
I'm going to be building a shed early next year and I'm planning to include a brew room. The shed is nominally 4m wide and 9m long, with the back 2m housing a bathroom and laundry (2m x 2m nominal each). On the plans it will be called a laundry, but it will be primarily used as a brew room.
Question is, what should I include in a new, purpose-built brew room? It will be approximately 2m square and have a sewered sink, hot and cold water and mains natural gas will be available. I would also appreciate any advice regarding layout and fit-out.
I realise 2x2 is not huge, but it's realistically as big as I can go. Alternatively I could combine the bathroom and brew room into one 2x4 room, but I don think it's wise to have a shitter in the brew room.
I'd love to see photos of your brewing areas too, or point me I the direction of some threads wih photos.
I'll qualify this by saying I've not yet started brewing (I've been waiting for the shed) so forgive me if this seems like an amateur question.

What ever happened to bandidto?

His plan was for this but fully automated.

But ended up with this

:lol:

At least it matched the kitchen decor :)

The currently revived "Show us your brew cave" thread may provide some ideas.

I'm going to be building a shed early next year and I'm planning to include a brew room. The shed is nominally 4m wide and 9m long, with the back 2m housing a bathroom and laundry (2m x 2m nominal each). On the plans it will be called a laundry, but it will be primarily used as a brew room.
Question is, what should I include in a new, purpose-built brew room? It will be approximately 2m square and have a sewered sink, hot and cold water and mains natural gas will be available. I would also appreciate any advice regarding layout and fit-out.
I realise 2x2 is not huge, but it's realistically as big as I can go. Alternatively I could combine the bathroom and brew room into one 2x4 room, but I don think it's wise to have a shitter in the brew room.
I'd love to see photos of your brewing areas too, or point me I the direction of some threads wih photos.
I'll qualify this by saying I've not yet started brewing (I've been waiting for the shed) so forgive me if this seems like an amateur question.

brew outside, helps with ventilation, spills, spraying everything down with the hose etc

your brew room would ideally have facilities to;

- store grains
- store your brewing equipment when not brewing
- a fermenting fridge
- a storage fridge for hops and yeast (or this can form part of your dispensing fridge)
- hot and cold water, with a hose connected, and a deep commercial sink
- more storage space and more storage space again

can you move the sink outside, again this helps with splashing etc

Ha. Bandidto. I'd forgotten about him.
Thanks for the pointers.
I'll start with kits, but is it worth putting in a gas outlet for a burner? (With adequate ventilation, of course).

I'll start with kits, but is it worth putting in a gas outlet for a burner? (With adequate ventilation, of course).

Stuff gas -

9691.jpg

+

1323513067_289983286_1-Aluminium-Flexible-Duct-Chimney-Ducting-Pipe-Bowenpally.jpg

Back