Bugger

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennywise

Brewin' Beer for Crazy Clowns & Juggalo's
Reaction score
First time I've had the opportunity to try this beer and..

10afb1d9.jpg

Once the glass settled, it looks like break material made it through. Some little rice shaped, clear bits as well as some brown flakes with yeast, I know the next pic doesn't show it well at all, but in the bottom left corner, I'd swear it bits of rice, it looks exactly the same except it's clear. I mean I know it's not, but you know what I'm sayin yeah

41c8c69e.jpg

So I'm not the only Raven to have gushing issues over the years... <_<

Letter to the brewery, with pics. Hope you get sent a fresh sixer.

Is it bottle conditioned? Golden ale is not on their current website so it may be old stock where the yeast has become a bit granulated?

yep ring em mate the boys there should sort you out.

I have noticed the flakes every time I have had that beer I just figured it was part of the show, shame about the gusher I haven't suffered that from them before.

Only bought two bottles, haven't cracked the other yet but I was just goin to take them back to the bottle shop and get something else. I will email the brewers though so they know, and if it is old stock then I'm sure they'd want to know. You might be on the money Bribie, going by the description of this beer it's nothing like it tastes really. And if it's not on their website it certainly points to that. Oh, yeah defiantly bottle conditioned

I put rice in my Ales too sometimes, but usually I mash it first.

I should have realised this, as it was written on the bloody bottle, but the Golden Ale is the Blonde, rebadged. Also confirmed by 3Ravens as the same beer.

Update, apparently the brewery hasn't stocked First Choice (where I bought the beer) in at least 18 months, so the beer was out of date, 3Ravens recomend 12 months is the shelf life. Shouldn't be suprised really...

Back