Bucchus brewing JAF

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PWilko

Reaction score
Looking to brew a clone of Bacchus Brewings JAF and I'm wondering if anyone here has tried to clone it or has some ideas as to what the recipe would be. Love to here you thoughts. Cheers

Last edited:
I have no idea.

I have an all cube, all Mosaic IPA on tap at the moment and it's extremely fruity in both smell and taste. It is lacking something though. I think some wheat and oats will improve the mouthfeel a bit, help carry those fruity flavours a bit more. Maybe a yeast with more character as well (I used WLP090).

I think I will step it up a notch though and try one more like along these lines, maybe a little more inline with a classic NEIPA. I was thinking something like this.

23L
5.0KG Pale Malt
1.0KG Wheat
0.5KG Oats
0.1KG Crystal 10L

65g Mosaic - Cube
65g Galaxy - Cube
65g Citra - Cube

20g Mosaic - Dry Hop 5 Days
20g Galaxy - Dry Hop 5 Days
20g Citra - Dry Hop 5 Days

20g Mosaic - Dry Hop 3 Days
20g Galaxy - Dry Hop 3 Days
20g Citra - Dry Hop 3 Days

Undecided on yeast, thinking of tracking down some WLP095.

I'm also interested in people ideas on the Bacchus though.

Last edited:
If you ask at craftbrewer, they may well be able to supply you the ingredients without telling you what they are...

Pretty sure they've done that for people with grain bills, dunno about hops though...

I love Bacchus. Their Belgian Mocha Stout is the one everyone needs to try in my opinion. Even if you're not a Stout fan, i can assure you, you will be after that one

Back