bsp and npt threads

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
can someone confirm for me that 1 inch bsp and npt will go together.
looking at buying some and want to get them right.
cheers

Don't like your chances if you're considering putting it under any kind of pressure

"Go together" - which is the male and which is the female? Pretty sure that a male BSP will sorta fit into a female NPT if the thread count is right, but not very well. Thread tape is your friend...

If it's being used for any sort of service where safety could be an issue, forget it.

other way around is what im trying. its a 1 inch bsp rims tube and with a npt plug..so basically its a no then

I have a march pump with 1" NPT female inlet. I did have a 1" BSP in it and it sort of fitted due to the plastic pump head. I have since replaced it with 1" NPT. in short no it won't fit

Pack it full of thread tape while you dig one up? Hardware stores typically have a bunch of BSP - oh yeah, tapered or parallel? :unsure: - so you may be ok if you can dig one up.

but not normally in ss.
ive contacted the main one in sydney by phone and got told to email them direct, did so that was 3 months ago still no answer. wont contact them again.
hence looking at alternatives.

barls said:
but not normally in ss.
ive contacted the main one in sydney by phone and got told to email them direct, did so that was 3 months ago still no answer. wont contact them again.
hence looking at alternatives.

What exactly do you need? Just a 1" bsp stainless plug? If so any good engineering shop will have them like http://www.yellowpages.com.au/nsw/tamworth/bearfast-pty-ltd-12787831-listing.html my local. (how do you use that link box to hide a link in text???)

if you need an npt thread tapped out to change it to bsp, i have a bsp tap here to do a female thread, happy to do that for you if you want to send it to me.

Latest posts

Back