Brut IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been available in home brew shops for a few years that I know of, packaged as low carb enzyme, probaly in the fridge with the yeasts.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'd seen it around but hadn't actually had anyone stipulate it was alpha amylase enzyme as such!

BB I'm guessing it's beta amylase, the low carb enzyme fits with the description on the Bacchus site quoted above.

I'm sure the hipsters will love it. Trends in beer, good grief. I tried a can of Heady Topper at the height of the "haze craze" and was unimpressed. I thought it was high in hop astringency - to the point that I would have been disappointed if one of my brews turned out like that. So since that experience I won't be jumping on any new trend in a hurry.

I also listen to TripleM more than TripleJ :)

I'm sure the hipsters will love it. Trends in beer, good grief. I tried a can of Heady Topper at the height of the "haze craze" and was unimpressed. I thought it was high in hop astringency - to the point that I would have been disappointed if one of my brews turned out like that. So since that experience I won't be jumping on any new trend in a hurry.

I also listen to TripleM more than TripleJ :)

As someone who recently imported half a dozen heady topper cans in a suitcase I'm not going to share your opinion of it but that's the nature of subjective topics. :)

Having just spent a month in New England I don't think the haze craze has peaked yet... Personally I think the haze craze will remain far more prevalent than the Brut IPA trend for a while yet.

I haven't tried Bacchus's offering but was talking to Ross about it just before they launched. I am interested in potentially making a small batch of this style in future, assuming I can get the enzyme when I need it. This is much more appealing to me than potentially infecting my home brewery with Brett, which was possible with the other approach I'd investigated for making a super-dry late-hopped experimental IPA.

I've taken to making 50L no chill batches recently, divided into cubes of 20/20/10L and taking more creative licence with the 10L brew. Most recently I've gone with lactose and sour cherries in a black IPA with Bavarian wheat yeast at 24 degrees. We'll see how that turns out...

As someone who recently imported half a dozen heady topper cans in a suitcase I'm not going to share your opinion of it but that's the nature of subjective topics. :)

Having just spent a month in New England I don't think the haze craze has peaked yet... Personally I think the haze craze will remain far more prevalent than the Brut IPA trend for a while yet.

I haven't tried Bacchus's offering but was talking to Ross about it just before they launched. I am interested in potentially making a small batch of this style in future, assuming I can get the enzyme when I need it. This is much more appealing to me than potentially infecting my home brewery with Brett, which was possible with the other approach I'd investigated for making a super-dry late-hopped experimental IPA.

I've taken to making 50L no chill batches recently, divided into cubes of 20/20/10L and taking more creative licence with the 10L brew. Most recently I've gone with lactose and sour cherries in a black IPA with Bavarian wheat yeast at 24 degrees. We'll see how that turns out...

That's cool that you've got 10L to play around with after brew. It's always a bit of hand break for crazy ideas when you realise you'll have to drink 20 litres of this stuff!

My first ever kit brew was a brewcraft lager, which included a drying enzyme!

Latest posts

Back