Bruheat Boiler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wozza

Reaction score
People,

I'm a newcomer to the site - looks like a valuable source of info. You guys seem to have your finger on the pulse, so, hopefully, someone can help me out here.

Years ago, I bought a Bruheat boiler/Masher in the UK. It was (and still is) made by Ritchie Products. Unfortunately, the heating element and thermostat has finally packed it in and try as I might, I can't find anyone in Oz that sells the damn things. I've tried getting in touch with Ritchie's in the UK via email, but no answer after 3 days - bloody Pommies!

So, does anyone:

a) Have one they want to sell?
B) Know of anywhere where I can get one?

I'm desperate to get brewing again, so any help will be appreciated muchly.

Doc,

Thanks for that, but I tried those guys a few days ago. Their boiler is a stainless steel contraption whereas mine is a heavy density plastic 22L. I described what I wanted, but the 2 aren't compatible.

They actually recommended that theirs be used just for boiling the wort, but I used mine for mashing. Simply added the grain to the requisite amount of water and the thermostat kept it within a degree or two of the correct temp. Never had a problem with caramalising the grain - used to work a treat. Until last weekend...

Wozza,

Try posting on the Craftbrewer Yahoo group.
It is Australian based and there are a number of guys out there that are probably using the same gear.
Here is the link.

Beers,
Doc

Back