Broo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

sgw86

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently just put down a Blue Mountain Lager and now looking toward my next brew. Not too sure whether many people like this brew but I find the Broo beer quite nice, especially on a hot day it is certainly a session beer.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a Recipe for producing something similar to the Broo beer?

I am also rather keen on Cartlon Draught and was looking at the ESB recipe that they have for $27. If anyone has tried this one any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,

Sam.

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
With K&K and extract it is impossible to clone a beer, Even with AG its near impossible you can get a beer close but not exact, you cannot replicate the processes they do in the major breweries. With K&K and extract dont expect it to taste anything like a beer your trying to clone even with the kits that have all the ingredients to make what they say it makes.

I tried many clone recipes when K&K and extract and I can say none tasted like what they say they make. Not saying it will taste bad just not exact :p

never tried broo but I dont mind carlton draught if they only have mega swill available

cam89brewer

Reaction score
I found that broo actually had a kit taste too it anyway. I reckon if you just use a good quality lager kit and just keep the temp nice and low you should get something similar but as kelbygreen said I would never expect something to be exactly the same and if your lucky you may end up with something better....

_HOME_BREW_WALLACE_

Professional Drunken Yahoo!
Reaction score
I found that BROO reminded me of my brews in my earlier, not so temperature controlled days of AG brewing (I went through a POR binge stage then)

Try (from notes) to 4.5% ABV:
100% BB Ale, POR 60min addition to 20IBU and S189 and something like 18degC (maybe a tad less)

18degC was all i could do in the laundry trough in summer with ice bottles, a day job and a very very unsupportive swmbo at the time.

EDIT: NO WHEAT!!!

sgw86

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Understand that replicating a commercial beer is almost impossible though I was more reffering too brewing something of similar style and as easy to drink.

I am currently brewing a Morgan's Blue Mountain Lager, 1KG BE2, Hallertau Hops (10mins in cup of boiling water then water poured in) and is currently fermenting at 17C in my temp fridge. I am hoping this turns out to be hopefully the same drinkability as a Broo or CD.

Latest posts