Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Florian, OT but what is that massive erection that's going up in the main street there? I can only see the back end from the train but it sort of dwarfs everything that was ever built there :eek:
I see real estate signs but the back end definitely isn't apartments, looks more like offices.
Anna's last erection! It comes after she gets out ;)

Alright, figuring all this out today. One more place to check out.

What's the easiest way to get to the other side of the airport from the last ferry stop?

What do you mean by "the other side of the airport?" - what's the address you need to get to? Unfortunately for some unfathomable reason in the 21st Century there is no bus service to the airport, that's right, and only one overpriced privatised train that only stops at the passenger terminals. So really you would need to drive - maybe car pool later on.

Hey Bribie, I meant Pinkeba...
Well, I'd be driving then won't I :) lol... realised after walking across, up and down that whole section new farm - newstead and across to the valley and down to Kangaroo point that I'd be driving, almost everywhere! Was a bit of a shock to the system, but I think I'll get used to it.

btw, howz Taree?

http://goo.gl/maps/Zk0di

Finally, will move there, travelling from 10th to 12th, Anyone have suggestions for good places otw to stop for drinks, or a place to crash with good beer in Airlie Beach & Gladstone?
Plan is 10th night in AIrlie Beach, 11th night in Gladstone and 12th in Brisbane!

I have heard Logan or Woodridge are the best places to be...

Just trying to help!
A man who knows what he's talking about I have an investment properly in each of those suburbs so when the current tenants are locked I'll let you know :)

There's a rail plus bus to Pinkenba, being a populated area, it's just that the city buses don't go to the commercial airport itself. So if your workplace is nearby you are in luck. So anywhere Inner Northside where you can easily get to any of the stations out as far as Eagle Junction you will be good to catch a train. It's called the "Doomben Line" nowadays but the bus continues from there out as far as Pinkenba.

That is gold Bribie. Although it doesn't go quite far enough it's an option that I can walk from.

Heck, I'd have the car anyway but there are days... Used to curse Melbourne PT but after seeing what's there in rest of Australia so far...

Back