Brisbane & SEQ Grain Bulk Buy Nov 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickB

I haven't had a C**t all night, Drinkstable....
Reaction score
Following on from the ressurection of the old BB thread, I've started this one. I'm keen for at least a couple of sacks depending on dates etc.

Cheers

ATM I am keen on 1 x BB Wheat & 1/2 sacks of W.Munich-1 & W.Vienna if anyone cares to share a split?
Still got quite a bit from the last bulk buy.

TP :beer:

Following on from the ressurection of the old BB thread, I've started this one. I'm keen for at least a couple of sacks depending on dates etc.

Cheers

Have we got a list of grains or should we just use the spreadsheet from the last one?

cheers Brad

Have we got a list of grains or should we just use the spreadsheet from the last one?

cheers Brad

Get on to the CraftBrewer site & click the "Bulk Buy" link for the list of grains available & the latest prices (Which should be the same as last time I reckon).

Cheers

Hey NickB,
Not sure if you can edit the title, but it probably would be good to put it in as a Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Fraser Coast Bulk buy.

Since im in Hervey Bay, I could do with some Fraser Coast guys to go in it aswell, so to make it more worthwhile to come down to Brisbane for the Pick-up.

Id be keen to let the thread go for a month and get a delivery at the start of December, that way its all over with before the Xmas, New Year and School Holiday craziness..

Cheers

Get on to the CraftBrewer site & click the "Bulk Buy" link for the list of grains available & the latest prices (Which should be the same as last time I reckon).

Not quite - Imported malt went up 10% on the 1st November, due to the weak dollar. Further increases will follow if it doesn't recover.
Aussie malts unaffected & remain the same.
In the long term though, prices for the harvest being reaped now (which will be here next Easter), are down on this years prices.

cheers Ross

Not quite - Imported malt went up 10% on the 1st November, due to the weak dollar. Further increases will follow if it doesn't recover.
Aussie malts unaffected & remain the same.
In the long term though, prices for the harvest being reaped now (which will be here next Easter), are down on this years prices.

cheers Ross

Rossco,
Thanks for the update. When will we see the new prices listed on the CraftBrewer site?
Was just going by the following info on the "Bulk buy" page ten minutes ago. --- All prices GST inc. Updated 1st April 2008 ---

As an aside to my query to Ross, do we really need a new thread for this? If we were to create a new thread every time we did a bulk buy the forum would be littered with an excess of threads for the same thing?

clean brewer,
I can see where you're coming from in regards to a name change but is it really necessary?
Anyone can tell from the poster's info below their avatar that the bulk buy is not confined to Brisbane. Just my 2 Bob's worth.

ATM I am keen on 1 x BB Wheat & 1/2 sacks of W.Munich-1 & W.Vienna if anyone cares to share a split?
Still got quite a bit from the last bulk buy.

Hey Pete, I will split the Wey Munich and Wey Vienna with you, even up 10% it's good stuff, could do with half a Wheat as well, I will wait and see on the Wheat.
Should not need base grains until next year [I hope]. ;)
Another monster is growing fast, bulk buy madness. :p

Hey NickB,
Not sure if you can edit the title, but it probably would be good to put it in as a Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Fraser Coast Bulk buy.

Hey, Looks like we'll need a Mod to change the title to "Brisbane & SEQ Grain Bulk Buy Nov 2008" if possible.

Didn't mean to leave you guys out...Sorry!!!

:)

I'll be in for a few bags as usual

Batz

Hey, Looks like we'll need a Mod to change the title to "Brisbane & SEQ Grain Bulk Buy Nov 2008" if possible.

Didn't mean to leave you guys out...Sorry!!!

:)

Nick,
Take a look at my modified post above. I also don't want to cause any grief. It is only my opinion.
Bindi --- looks like we have a deal.

Since im in Hervey Bay, I could do with some Fraser Coast guys to go in it aswell, so to make it more worthwhile to come down to Brisbane for the Pick-up.

Id be keen to let the thread go for a month and get a delivery at the start of December, that way its all over with before the Xmas, New Year and School Holiday craziness..

Cheers

any Bundy area brewers in on this ?

Cheers
Yard

I'm up for a sack of BB Ale, depending on dates.

Done

Christ Almighty, you guys.
I've just started on the grain from the swap before the LAST one.

I'm obviously not the alcoholic I'm always being accused of being. :D

Campbell
girly drinker

HTFU :p

Love your work mate!

Just realised I have 1/2 sack of Munich and 1/4 sack of Vienna from the past couple of BBs..... Think a brewday is in order for tomorrow! Now, a Vienna Lager or an Oktoberfest (bit late obviously...maybe it should be a Decemberfest.....!)

Cheers

PS: Perry - hurry up and make another post mate.... Happy 1500th :beerbang:

Rossco,
Thanks for the update. When will we see the new prices listed on the CraftBrewer site?
Was just going by the following info on the "Bulk buy" page ten minutes ago. --- All prices GST inc. Updated 1st April 2008 ---

As an aside to my query to Ross, do we really need a new thread for this? If we were to create a new thread every time we did a bulk buy the forum would be littered with an excess of threads for the same thing?

clean brewer,
I can see where you're coming from in regards to a name change but is it really necessary?
Anyone can tell from the poster's info below their avatar that the bulk buy is not confined to Brisbane. Just my 2 Bob's worth.

Sorry TP,
Just thought in case there were some new AG brewers(like myself) lurking around in my neck of the woods or a little further beyond that havnt been in on a Bulk Buy before and want to.. :icon_cheers: See, for us country/coastal people, Brisbane is still 3-3.5hrs away, just in case they are scared to go in on it..

Plus, I dont mind being the one to come pick up the grain for the guys up in this area..

:icon_chickcheers:

It would have been better to scrub the "Nov 2008" & keep this thread for next year, and the year after, and the year after that, etc, etc. But what would I know? <_<

Just saw your post CB. If you ever need a stopover on the way down just PM me. :party:

Pete,

that's cool, just was getting lost wading through the 29 pages of the last BB :)

Cheers

Latest posts

Back