Brisbane noob

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fro-Daddy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently bought a series 3 kegerator because beer.
I filled up my 3 kegs with different types of beer, going to give cider a go next from the local brewery.

Since I have 3 kegs and only 2 taps, I've considered brewing my own, which is why I'm here!
I'll be doing a lot of reading and buying some equipment in the near future but am a complete noob when it comes to brewing. The drinking part I've got sorted...

Keen to hear some dos and don'ts for the inexperienced and maybe what I need for a beginner setup.

Cheers,
Ryan

Welcome Fro-daddy,
The best improvement + considered essential IMO is a temp control area/enclosure/fridge-picked up a giveaway fridge off gumtree,add a STC controller and your away-a wealth of information on this site(search,search,search)Its a slippery slope,but enjoyable.My 2c worth,Rob.

Hey Fro-Daddy. Welcome mate. Agree with Lager Bloke, temp control is critical. Cleaning processes are hugely important. Get some starsan or equivalent and some brew clean/sodium percarbonate to clean your gear. As a starter kit, any will do. Support the independent home brew shops I reckon and you'll be away. Get a starter set up, a nice brew kit (Black Rock or Mangrove Jacks) with some nice hops, steady hands, patience & you'll be laughing. All the missing steps in between folks on here can help you with. Enjoy it hey!

Latest posts

Back