Brisbane Grain Bulk Buy August 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarmael

Reaction score
Stemming from the recent success of Brisbane Grain Bulk Buy June 2016 I'm gauging interest for another BB through our good buddies at Craft Brewer (link to the BB deal on their page) - looking for expression of interest to fill a pallet up to 40 sacks and will put the order through, likely in Sept.

So far we have orders from the last thread, I'm pulling them forward and sending out PMs with a heads up about this thread, ask me to take your name out if this is too forward and presumptuous:

Tarmael 4 x TF Maris Otter (x2), Wheat Malt, Munich 1
Kwinchee 4 x TBA
Samuel Adams x TBA
Nervoso x TBA

If you'd like to see a rough estimate of costs, here's a link to the last BB spreadsheet (thanks, Alfadog) & shipping comes out as $8.25 per bag, pick up only from Craft Brewer in Capalaba - if you need otherwise, ask and it could well and truly happen.

Kwinchee 4 x TBA
Samuel Adams x TBA
Nervoso x TBA
Crunched 4 x TBA

Kwinchee 4 x TBA
Samuel Adams 4 x BB Ale(2), Wey Pils, Bairds MO
Nervoso x TBA
Crunched 4 x TBA
wobblythongs 3-4 x TBA

Total - 19-20

Cold space 2 x TBA,

Got 4 bags last one, already down 1.5.
Bloody thirsty mates, well that's what I tell SWMBO

Added me and Coldspace

Kwinchee 4 x TBA
Samuel Adams 4 x BB Ale(2), Wey Pils, Bairds MO
Nervoso x TBA
Crunched 4 x TBA
wobblythongs 3-4 x TBA
Coldspace 3 x TBA
Meddo 1 x TFFMMO

Total - 23-24

Tarmael 4 x Bairds MO (x2), Wheat Malt, Weyermann Vienna
Kwinchee 4 x BB Ale (x2), BB caramalt, Munich 1
Samuel Adams 4 x BB Ale(x2), Wey Pils, Bairds MO
Nervoso x TBA
Crunched 4 x TBA
wobblythongs 3-4 x TBA
Coldspace 3 x TBA
Meddo 1 x TF MO
Kwinchee's mate 12 x BB Ale (x6), BB caramalt, Bairds heavy peated (x4), Bairds Amber Brown

Total 37-38

Time to start finalising those orders. Haven't heard back from Nervoso, hope you get back to me, buddy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZH_AwQp1VwGJ7mkmY009WGHKKje_I35Kq-nW4ThDJj8/edit?usp=sharing

tarmael said:
Tarmael 4 x Bairds MO (x2), Wheat Malt, Weyermann Vienna
Kwinchee 4 x BB Ale (x2), BB caramalt, Munich 1
Samuel Adams 4 x BB Ale(x2), Wey Pils, Bairds MO
Nervoso x TBA
Crunched 4 x TBA
wobblythongs 3-4 x TBA
Coldspace 1x wheat malt, 1 x bb ale, 1 x bb pilsener.
Meddo 1 x TF MO
Kwinchee's mate 12 x BB Ale (x6), BB caramalt, Bairds heavy peated (x4), Bairds Amber Brown

Total 37-38

Time to start finalising those orders. Haven't heard back from Nervoso, hope you get back to me, buddy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZH_AwQp1VwGJ7mkmY009WGHKKje_I35Kq-nW4ThDJj8/edit?usp=sharing

All good mate, I had a field with 4 while you were TBA. I saw you had put your specifics in, I removed the filler entry and everything went back to normal.

Your price is correct now.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is this for 25kg bags? I'm not ready for that sort of scale yet, and I don't have a mill, but I just bought a grainfather so will probably jump on these in the future!

I won't be home till Friday to check my stock Levels but for now without holding up the buy can you put me down for 2 x bb wheat 2x bb pale ale.
Cheers

Yeeeeah, I need to get a mill. It ends up much cheaper in the long run.

These are 25kg sacks.

If you look at the numbers though:

BB Sack of BB Pils/Ale $37. By the bag: $65. By the kilo: $4.5 ($112.5 if you buy 25kg progressively, $87.50 if you buy >5kg at a time)
BB Sack of TF MO: $69 By the bag: $90. By the kilo: $5.5 ($137.5 if you buy 25kgs progressively, $112.5 if you buy >5kg at a time)

A mill can cost about $260, buckets for storage $40-60.

That pays off after buying 6 sacks in bulk, better get drinking boys.

How are we looking Tarmael? Still a couple short to place the order?

Where are you based at BKBrews?
might be someone nearby with a mill who can help you out

Yeah, just a couple short - and no word from Nervoso.

So we're between 2-6 short, depends on if Nervoso gets back to me - I pulled his order through from his missed interest in the last BB, but haven't had a confirmation. Last online, July :(

If anyone wants to halve a sack of Wey Vienna and/or Munich I'd be interested, I don't have storage space for any more full sacks unfortunately. Those two are going for $50/sack + shipping.

Meddo said:
If anyone wants to halve a sack of Wey Vienna and/or Munich I'd be interested, I don't have storage space for any more full sacks unfortunately. Those two are going for $50/sack + shipping.
Hi Meddo, Just getting back into brewing, so I'd be up for either. Probably the Vienna is favoured at this stage, but either way.

Back