Brisbane Brewhouse Homebrew Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entries are in, judging will be done saturday afternoon.

good luck all:)

next year will be a different style, I have discussed with Grant(owner) and Michael(competition organiser) about diversifying the entries, but they are keen to keep it specific. i believe next years entries will have to be belgian ales?

Brewhouse newsletter will hopefully have details in the near future

Cheers,
Brendan

Congratulations to Michael for his winning pilsener at the brewhouse comp yesterday. :super: Very nice beer and well deserved win.

It was a great afternoon and a good time was had by all. It was nice to put faces to some forum members that I have chatted to but never met before. Has inspired me to make the trip over to the Dark Side of the River for BABBs meeting next year.

Thanks to the Brewhouse for staging the event, Craftbrewer for sponsoring, and the judges who put in their time.

Hope that those who rocked on to the Belgium Beer Cafe have made it home safely.

Cheers

Dave

Yes, congratulations to Michael & his assistant "brew bitch". A well deserved win against some very stiff opposition.
My first go @ judging & enjoyed the experience immensely. We had one entry that was a Bock made from a kit that turned out to be the beer of the day - Unfortunately though for the wrong reasons, coming last in the judging. It had picked up some sort of lactic infection, but the beer was crystal clear, perfectly balanced & a joy to drink.
Great to catch up with old friends & meet some new faces - Should have gone home while I was still sober, but got home in the early hours of this morning, after a huge evening at the Belgian Beer Cafe.

Cheers Ross

I'd also like to add my thanks to the folks from The Brewhouse who made us very welcome on the day. Thanks also to the sponsors, judges and competitors. Highlight of the day had to be "that bock" and sampling the entries and speaking in person with the brewers. Even Paul's smokey went down allright!! I hope I behaved myself at the Belgian afterwards, don't recall much after leaving The Brewhouse. Cheers again to all for an excellent day.

I'd also like to add my thanks to the folks from The Brewhouse who made us very welcome on the day. Thanks also to the sponsors, judges and competitors. Highlight of the day had to be "that bock" and sampling the entries and speaking in person with the brewers. Even Paul's smokey went down allright!! I hope I behaved myself at the Belgian afterwards, don't recall much after leaving The Brewhouse. Cheers again to all for an excellent day.

Haha, we had a great day, the BBC started to get quite messy indeed, i suppose 12% beers will do that to you:)

Ross and I ended up drinking by ourselves for quite a while after you lot crashed. that man can drink!

PS. the sour bock was my favourite too:\

Next years competition will have the same prize and entries are to be belgian ales(pretty broad category)
entries are to be in by the second saturday of november and shall be judged the following week,

cheers!
Brendan

Next years competition will have the same prize and entries are to be belgian ales(pretty broad category)
entries are to be in by the second saturday of november and shall be judged the following week,

cheers!
Brendan

Thanks Brendan, what size for the entries next year?

Screwy

Michael,

We had initially discussed 1 bottle for next year, but with the social event afterwards & all the entrants thoroughly enjoying trying each others brews, I'd be supportive of 2 bottles again.

cheers Ross

Jeez you must have been hammered if the smokey went down without a fight :p

Back